By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii pre-orders spike 54,540% on Amazon

Advanced orders for Nintendo Co.'s Mario Kart Wii spiked 54,540 percent at Amazon.com on Sat. upon availability.

The title leaped from the No. 5,464 rank to the No. 10 rank by Sat. morning on strong demand.

Nintendo this week said that Mario Kart Wii will be released on Apr. 27 in the U.S.

Mario Kart Wii will be sold with the Wii Wheel peripheral to offer players wireless racing action at $49.99. The Wii Wheel will also be sold separately.

Additionally, the title will support multiplayer via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connnection service for up to 12 players.

Mario Kart Wii will include 16 new courses and 16 classic courses from previous titles, a choice of karts or motorbikes, and the option to place a Mii character in the driver's seat.

The title will be supported by a new Mario Kart Wii Channel to allow players to compete in tournaments, check worldwide rankings, see when friends are playing and download ghost data.

NPD Group Inc. on Thurs. recorded sales of 432,000 Wii units in Feb. U.S. sales to rank as the No. 2 best-selling video game hardware for the month.

Link http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=5727

Do you think this will sell more then brawl?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

This should be the work of gametrailers' showing of gameplay.

mM

I think they will pretty much be tied with MKWii winning by a small amount.....Or maybe the other way around...

Do people not think of the baby seals before posting?? Shame :(

Squall_Leonhart said:
Do people not think of the baby seals before posting?? Shame :(

What?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

MK Wii will be huge, the hugest Wii game so far and definately this years biggest Wii hit!
Can't wait to get my hands on it, and I pray that it's as fun as MK 64!

@kenz

Its a joke that whenever anyone uses Amazon as a sales reference a baby seal dies! Its always been said for other consoles and i see the Wii as no exception :D

Mummelmann said:
MK Wii will be huge, the hugest Wii game so far and definately this years biggest Wii hit!
Can't wait to get my hands on it, and I pray that it's as fun as MK 64!

It WILL be better than MK64.....Have you seen the videos on IGN???? It's CRAZEH!!!!

i don't think this game will sell better than brawl - at least for 2008. Brawl just had much more hype and more anticipation. Sure, MK has the backing of more casual players which might give it the sales lead in the long-run but Brawl is a force to be reckoned with.

And if u guys don't know this, Melee and DD data was just adjusted and Melee actually did sell better then DD so not every mario kart has sold better than each SSB

Yeah I saw them! Motorbikes FTW!!
Loving the visuals as well!