By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii pre-orders spike 54,540% on Amazon

Mummelmann said:
Yeah I saw them! Motorbikes FTW!!
Loving the visuals as well!

Yeah, the motorcycles will be AWESOME!!!!! Are you getting it on launch????

Around the Network
supermariogalaxy said:
Mummelmann said:
Yeah I saw them! Motorbikes FTW!!
Loving the visuals as well!

Yeah, the motorcycles will be AWESOME!!!!! Are you getting it on launch????

Doubtful, since I don't own a Wii yet. I'm gonna wait till past summer to see if 3rd party (proper) support kicks into gear first! But, this is the best reason I have to buy a Wii right now, and I've said all along that MK would be the pivot either way!

"Mario Kart Wii pre-orders spike 54,540%
Advanced orders for Nintendo Co.'s Mario Kart Wii spiked 54,540 percent at Amazon.com on Sat. upon availability.
The title leaped from the No. 5,464 rank to the No. 10 rank by Sat. morning on strong demand."

This entire news article pisses me off so much. Why the shit are they saying "54540%" ?????

For instance, the sales difference between the #1 product and the #2 product isn't 1%. And the sales difference between #3 and #5 isn't 2%. It's two numbers on their rankings, an arbitrary number system.

Christ, was this article written by a 3 year old?

Amazon rankings have nothing to do with percentages. Jesus christ.

A ranking system in a new Wii channel! Did I read that correct! Exictement is consuming me! Maybe there IS still hope for a SSBB world ranking!!!!!

PS: If this was already known, do not laugh at me for being so late on the news please :P

z64dan said:
Advanced orders for Nintendo Co.'s Mario Kart Wii spiked 54,540 percent at Amazon.com on Sat. upon availability.
The title leaped from the No. 5,464 rank to the No. 10 rank by Sat. morning on strong demand."

This entire news article pisses me off so much. Why the shit are they saying "54540%" ?????

For instance, the sales difference between the #1 product and the #2 product isn't 1%. And the sales difference between #3 and #5 isn't 2%. It's two numbers on their rankings, an arbitrary number system.

Because that's how Amazon does it.

Around the Network
z64dan said:

Because that's how Amazon does it.  They took the number straight from amazon who also measures it as a percentage.   At least that's the case as far as i remember.

how could you hurt something like this?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

nice furry coat for the winter ^^^ :)

@ssj12: I think the traditional way how to hurt them is with a stick.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

ssj12 said:

how could you hurt something like this?

Like this

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1