By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's E3 Conference dominated social media

The comments on the article are hilarious. So much salt LOL.

I agree that MS won E3. But because of games and features shown, personally. Not tweets or YouTube or Pinterest likes or twitch whatever.

Around the Network

A 75% social media share for Xbox seems kind of fabricated, to me.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:
A 75% social media share for Xbox seems kind of fabricated, to me.

It's solar system wide. Uranus is Xbox country and they're twitter fanatics.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That's interesting. I understood why Xbox was more popular on twitch, but I'm surprised it was so much more popular on social media as well.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
That's interesting. I understood why Xbox was more popular on twitch, but I'm surprised it was so much more popular on social media as well.

Because they aren't including things like Final Fantasy 7 Remake. They are talking about mentions of Xbox.  Shenmue 3 by itself probably topped everything combined. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nice cherry picking right there.

Only took pre-order data from the UK, but even so the game closest to being released was the most pre-ordered new announcement? Well considering it will be released soon that's to be expected.

And the twitter thing? Xbox got more mentions than Playstation? Well maybe because people were talking about the games from the PS conference instead of just saying playstation, or maybe they were saying Sony instead.

If I understood correctly, they only took pre-order data from Amazon UK.

And also, you have a point, Xbox got 80% of game console mentions, but what about the games shown at the conference, amd the actual conferences themselves? I think that'd be a rather different picture (and at least slightly relevant, unlike this piece of data).

FentonCrackshell said:
Is it possible to laugh at someone and feel sad for them at the same time? I mean, these little things aren't translating into anything concrete. MS is making 0 headway as far as sales and excitement. Victories on paper don't mean much. I see things like this all the time when it comes to music, hip hop in particular: An artist will dominate social media and it won't translate into sales. Social media dominance doesn't mean much to be honest. Not everyone talking about something online has the means to acquire said something.

Sales rose year over year correct? 

It's the small victories.

Should it worry Xbox fans that even with such a amazing victory, the Xbox One still lost in the US that month?

You guys do realise how easily it is to make these statistics to suite an agenda. Xbox vs Playstation (exclude PS4) profit.

ArchangelMadzz said:
smroadkill15 said:

Either way, I don't see how it's full of bad faith. MS is simily boosting they had a higher viewship, big deal? If Sony or even Nintendo had the hightest viewership or whatever else, I'm sure they would have shared it as well. It's not like Sony is innocent of such statistical spins in the past. 

If Sony did have the more popular conference in twitch views, stating that wouldn't be spinning as their demo's and trailer's absolutely dominate the others shown at E3. Showing they obviously did have the more popular conference.

You're basically saying because MS said it, it's a spin but if Sony did, it wouldn't? For one thing, that doesn't even make sense. Having a 'better conference' wouldn't have an effect on  viewership because that's something which couldn't even be termined until all conferences are over. Second, Nobody even knew those suprise announcements would happen until they made them, so they didn't have much of an effect on viewshipping to begin with.   

Main reasons why MS had a larger viewership. 
-Time of the conference(biggest factor)
-first of the big three
-Halo 5 gameplay (everyone knew it would be there) 

And yet a multiplatform game was enough to beat it. MS need to do more than that.