By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now people are complaining about the color of the hand in Mario Maker

What about those whose hands cannot be used for writing? If I'm drawing with my mouth and a hand appears on-screen, then I lose all immersion, and I am completely offended.

Around the Network

Can you blame them? If someone is white in anything, it's immediately racist. Get with the times man. Inoffensiveness is the best way to be! Never say or do anything that could possibly offend anyone ever! That's why I sit in a blank room and stare at a wall all day, and guess what, the wall isn't white BECAUSE I'M NOT A RACIST!

Danman27 said:
Can you blame them? If someone is white in anything, it's immediately racist. Get with the times man. Inoffensiveness is the best way to be! Never say or do anything that could possibly offend anyone ever! That's why I sit in a blank room and stare at a wall all day, and guess what, the wall isn't white BECAUSE I'M NOT A RACIST!

This comes to mind

mysteryman said:
Danman27 said:

This comes to mind

LOL, that's AWESOME

Should have just gone cat paw all the way. Sereously, the saddest thing about this mess is that Nintendo anticipated it happening.
As for the 'journalist' being 'shocked' that he didn't get to see his own hand, how would you unless you had a second camera setup to, y'know, film your hand?
I don't get why the hand is neccissary in the first place, why not just have a cute curser? Like Mario building the stuff, or something.

Around the Network

Are you kidding me?

Okay time to make all hands in videos games purple/pink with poka dots/green, so people will know its not a actual representation and cant be offended.

mysteryman said:
What about those whose hands cannot be used for writing? If I'm drawing with my mouth and a hand appears on-screen, then I lose all immersion, and I am completely offended.

Handicapped patch incomeing.... so you can see a tongue drawing the mario levels, confirmed.

artur-fernand said:

I'm baffled at what some people consider "offensive" or even "significant" these days. What a moment to be alive, next thing you know, even just being a white heterossexual man will be racist/sexist/homophobic for some.

You've obviously never browsed Tumblr and seen the content of the SJW flamewars there.

Flash Sentry's #1 Fan (unofficially).

I bet those who are complaining will still buy the game or not, regardless what colour the fucking hand is

Edit: Its not like their going to wank with it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Its whatever, but it was a great touch in Tearaway to let you users select the colour of their finger.

Although I would never care to complain about it in the likes of mario maker, I think its good for people to challenge the white as default, where its possible give people options.