By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now people are complaining about the color of the hand in Mario Maker

Call it clickbait if you will, but holy shit:

"What if I were, say, a 10-year-old black girl? Or a 30-year-old Japanese man? Or literally anything other than an adult white woman (which the hand appears to belong to)?

Given the mainstream appeal of the mustachioed hero and his ongoing battle against Bowser, you'd think Nintendo – a company that's repeatedly shown willingness to be inclusive – would have thought of this."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/super-mario-maker-hand-2015-7#ixzz3gBq52Zlk

I'm baffled at what some people consider "offensive" or even "significant" these days. What a moment to be alive, next thing you know, even just being a white heterossexual man will be racist/sexist/homophobic for some.

Sorry if this was already posted.

Around the Network

Ban this sick filth. I look forward to the marketing efforts aimed at squids, because equality.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

According to that article they've since clarified that there's multiple tones.

Mindblowingly silly, though. Unless you're David Duchovny from Zoolander you can't possibly mistake those hands for your own anyway... only hand models ought to be offended.

SJWs gotta be SJWs.

Anyway, Nintendo's confirmed multiple skin colours.

Nintendo confirmed that you can change the hand colour..

What's going to be next? No left-handed option? :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

That's idiotic tbh. Who cares?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

What the fuck am I reading right now

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Is this seriously something to be complaining over? Come on now.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

what will they think of next. oh I know. hows about the fire in hell burning everyone at the same temperature, cause some sins are greater than others.