By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the NX doesn't come out in 2016, where will the "Nintendo-like" profits come from?

theARTIST0017 said:
Miyamotoo said:
theARTIST0017 said:
97alexk said:

I kinda still believe NX wont come out until late 2017

agreed, Wii U has only been 2.5 years

Yes, but at end of next year will be 4 years.

So, 2017 then

I dont think so, after infos from last couple of months I think NX is 2016. thing.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
bunchanumbers said:
Nintendo has their fingers in a lot of pies now. It won't just be console or handheld games. Theme parks, movie deals, mobile game development, amiibo, licensing deals as well. This is before you factor in games like Zelda U and the next Monster Hunter and Youkai Watch games. I could definitely see 'Nintendolike profits' happening.

But all of that stuff is already there or has been in the last couple years. So if that alone is enough for 'nintendo-like profits' then surely they should have been making them the last couple of years as well, no?

Most of these were announced this year. Universal, the Sony movie deal (via Sony Hack 2015), DeNa were all announced this year. The end of last year is when Amiibo launched as well. We won't for sure see everything in action until next year. Maybe even a bit later. I wouldn't doubt if by this time next year that Nintendolike profits are reported.

Miyamotoo said:
theARTIST0017 said:
Miyamotoo said:
theARTIST0017 said:
97alexk said:

So, 2017 then

I dont think so, after infos from last couple of months I think NX is 2016. thing.

2016? You dont even know if it's a handheld or home console...

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

If NX hardware has been settled on then the R&D budget would have been incurred already, so those costs may not be valid going forward and thus Nintendo could profit off of other areas until NX releases and begins to add to the pile of cash.

Amiibo could get a bunch of new units, Zelda and some other surprise new games could release on Wii U and 3DS which Nintendo also expects to sell well and make them good profits.
Mobile software sales, F2P money from Project Treasure could also add to that money.

TBH though I think NX will be the fusion platform, a new home console that plays all of Nintendo's current games from Wii U and 3DS, with some of it's own that are unique enough and Nintendo expects that to cause a big spike in software sales to the point where it has a big effect on their profits.
If NX is Fusion then it will more than likely release next Fall.

theARTIST0017 said:
Miyamotoo said:
theARTIST0017 said:
Miyamotoo said:
theARTIST0017 said:
97alexk said:

So, 2017 then

I think that it's a hybrid device of handheld and home console.

Around the Network

The answer, my friend, is software and the franchise (eg amiibos). If they announce that NX is backwards compatible with either Wii U or 3DS (or both ), that will push sales of software even further. With the IPs they have, I wouldn't be worried too much about their profits.

Miyamotoo said:
theARTIST0017 said:

If 2016 is the year of release, then it's a hybrid, which uses the same architecture as one of the current consoles as there's simply not enough time to distribute dev kits and make some 3rd party lunch titles (presuming they still want some 3rd party support). If it's 2017, well, then they can come up with whatever they want as there'll be enough time to get devs familiar with new hardware. 

Kristof81 said:
Miyamotoo said:

If 2016 is the year of release, then it's a hybrid, which uses the same architecture as one of the current consoles as there's simply not enough time to distribute dev kits and make some 3rd party lunch titles (presuming they still want some 3rd party support). If it's 2017, well, then they can come up with whatever they want as there'll be enough time to get devs familiar with new hardware. 

Nintendo talked about plans and integrated architecture for next consoles in january 2014. so they was plenty time and we have still around year and half till launch of NX.

We also have info that Nintendo already showed NX to 3rd party developers on E3 this year.

Clearly amiibos that Nintendo sells with collecting purposes and the few mobile games. Or maybe the QoL that we don't know.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

If I recall correctly, they were talking about returning to Nintendo-like profits in the next fiscal year, not calendar year. A console could release in Jan or Feb 2017 and satisfy both statements. Just to play the devil's advocate.