By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the NX doesn't come out in 2016, where will the "Nintendo-like" profits come from?

theARTIST0017 said:
97alexk said:

I kinda still believe NX wont come out until late 2017

agreed, Wii U has only been 2.5 years

Yes, but at end of next year will be 4 years.

Around the Network

Amiibo's and Zelda U

I know economic numbers are much "smoke and mirrors" but it seems that this year Nintendo and Ubisoft are getting the same results. If that is good or bad I do not know.

Ubisoft reports €1.46 billion ($1.63 billion) in sales for this year, up from €1 billion ($1.12 billion) in the last fiscal year. Operating income jumped from a loss of €65.6 million ($73.2 million) last year to a positive result of €170.1 million ($189.9 million).
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/05/12/ubisoft-rights-the-ship-posting-significant-gains-in-revenue-profits.aspx

Today, Nintendo disclosed net sales of $4.61 billion (5.49 billion yen) and an operating income of $207.83 million for the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2015    http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/7/8564943/nintendo-profit-fiscal-year-2015-financial-results

Smear-Gel said:
Expecting Wii like profits is your mistake

Iwata said Nintendo-like profits is 100 billion yen, that's more like what they made annually from 1991-2006.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Software sales on consoles + mobile, new handheld, hardware sales getting more profitable as time goes on...

Around the Network

EDIT: Zorg is correct, Nintendo-like profits means Nintendo's normal level of profit from the 90s/2000s - usually in $500 million (OK year) to $1 billion (good year) range. Wii/DS are not the norm obviously. 

Miyamotoo said:
theARTIST0017 said:
97alexk said:

I kinda still believe NX wont come out until late 2017

agreed, Wii U has only been 2.5 years

Yes, but at end of next year will be 4 years.

So, 2017 then

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

I'm not sure if people who says NX isn't coming in 2016 believe in this or they just wish it doesn't.

At this point I believe, Nintendo can't wait to leave the WiiU behind them.

1.QoL : Iwata said a platform will launch in 2015 but this doesn't seem likely anymore. QoL is a peculiar answer to the OP questions since Nintendo hasn't said anything meaningful about it for some time...

2.Nintendo-like profits doesn't necessarily point to the Wii/DS era.

LoZ Wii U... Kind of obvious really. Add a few exclusive Amiibo and they got those Nintendo like profits.