By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last 24 hs of Shenmue kickstarter. Near World Record

Nuvendil said:
BraLoD said:
I'm surprised it didn't break the record yet.

It doesn't look as well run as some others I've seen.  Like not much there to keep the hype going.  For example, Kingdom Come: Deliverance was a very, very well run Kickstarter.  If the Shenmue 3 one had had that level of effort and planning it probably could have smashed the record.

Its because of the huge smear campaign from clickbait media

Around the Network

#SaveShenmue

I am soooooooooo glad that they added the PS4 physical option that should have been there from the start.

It's too bad that clickbait media and idiots have engaged in such a harsh smear campaign against such a fantastic project.

It's been a good campaign but it's not been the Smash hit they or others may have been hoping for. Their stretch goals just show how far off they are.

Ah well. There will be additional funding no doubt.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Not joining the kickstarter, golden rule for me is for a project to show me gameplay day 1, if not, I'm not interested at all.

By the time its over it will only raise slightly more then Bloodstained and that game didn't get nowhere as near as much media attention.

Around the Network

I will buy this game.. I just have a bad feeling about it..

Nuvendil said:
To be clear it wasn't badly run. Just could have been better. On the other hand, Kingdom Come had the advantage of being at least s little ways into serious development.

The Rumor that Sony was funding it killed its momentum. It was piling up until that got out.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Lol at smear campaigns

This thing wouldn't have happened without the involvement of SCE.

Anyway it has got some momentum in it's the last days and it's now at almost 5.5 million.
It could have reached 10 million if those 25k hadn't chosen the cheapest option.

http://bit.ly/saveshenmue

Don't copy random editorials.

hatmoza said:

Anyway about the kickstarter. I can't help but feel the people who supported the kickstarter were cheated because everyone initially thought Sony would pick up the slack if the kickstarter reached its goal. What a kick to the nuts in my opinion.

Its actually the opposite, the supporters of the KS knew Sony will only help the marketing on the PS4 side and will not actually fund the game but because of the initial confusion that led to the smear campaign, the people who never followed the KS thinks the supporters are being cheated but that is not the case at all.