By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, WiiU, XBO, 3DS up

PlayStation 4 topped hardware sales in the U.S. last month, according to NPD data

Sony has confirmed that its PlayStation 4 console once again outsold the competition in June.

The PS4 outperformed the Xbox One and other platforms, according to data from industry-tracking firm The NPD Group that Sony shared with GamesBeat. The company credits The Caped Crusader for giving it the win.

“PlayStation 4 was the top-selling console in the United States in June due to the overwhelming popularity of the Batman: Arkham Knight PS4 bundles,” a Sony spokesperson told GamesBeat. “PlayStation 4 also led software sales in June.”

Batman: Arkham Knight was one of the biggest releases in June, and Sony had a co-marketing deal with publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment that led to Sony packing the game in with new PS4s. Sony even worked with Warner Bros. on a limited edition version of the console that put Batman artwork on the case.

All of this enabled Sony to outsell Xbox One for another month.

“PS4 continues to lead console sales in the U.S. and globally,” said the company spokesperson.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/16/playstation-4-topped-hardware-sales-in-the-u-s-last-month-according-to-npd-data/



Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Has expected. I wonder when we'll get the first 'uncertain' month? We already know July is in the bag.


October. MS has Halo, but only for one week. Sony has some bundles. If Sony drops price all bets are off.

Nothing before Halo? So, July, August and September in the bag too.



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Yay! My favorite thread !



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

GribbleGrunger said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Has expected. I wonder when we'll get the first 'uncertain' month? We already know July is in the bag.


October. MS has Halo, but only for one week. Sony has some bundles. If Sony drops price all bets are off.

Nothing before Halo? So, July, August and September in the bag too.

August: Madden and Gears of War ultimate. Both with a bundle. (i think)

August will be interesting, expect the July numbers before say that is in the bag...



Expected result, now the wait for hard numbers begin



Around the Network

ps4 winning is hardly surprising. I'm mostly curious about Wii U number, did Splatoon give a little boost?

Also, Vita. 2k a week seems like really lowballing it



Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Splatoon is the most interesting factor in this month's NPD for me.



RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Ryng_Tolu said:

August: Madden and Gears of War ultimate. Both with a bundle. (i think)

August will be interesting, expect the July numbers before say that is in the bag...

I doubt Gears will make a difference, and July is definitely in the bag.



 

The PS5 Exists. 


GribbleGrunger said:

Nothing before Halo? So, July, August and September in the bag too.

Gears Remaster bundle and Rare replay coming out in August.



Ryng_Tolu said:
GribbleGrunger said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Has expected. I wonder when we'll get the first 'uncertain' month? We already know July is in the bag.


October. MS has Halo, but only for one week. Sony has some bundles. If Sony drops price all bets are off.

Nothing before Halo? So, July, August and September in the bag too.

August: Madden and Gears of War ultimate. Both with a bundle. (i think)

August will be interesting, expect the July numbers before say that is in the bag...

MS had an official Madden bundle and deal last Aug as well and PS4 sku still outsold and continued to outsell the X1 sku. Gears might push some bundles but then again it's only 1 game and is being released on PC as well.