By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, WiiU, XBO, 3DS up

sidmeiernintifan said:
Marso, dont forget digital sales, Splatoon has a lot of those in Japan, and probably too in the USA.
It is nice to have multiplayer games installed instead of having to put in a disc.

Yeah, I know, but NPD says that it has sold 455k including digital. And nintendo confirmed like late june that it had sold 476k, and it has always been that way with alot of titles. like Bayonetta 2, NPD says that it only has sold 153k until march or may i forgot, but it's not, I don't believe the vgchartz but i don't believe even less NPD. The proof is there 20k undertracked

Around the Network
marsoRa said:
sidmeiernintifan said:
Marso, dont forget digital sales, Splatoon has a lot of those in Japan, and probably too in the USA.
It is nice to have multiplayer games installed instead of having to put in a disc.

Yeah, I know, but NPD says that it has sold 455k including digital. And nintendo confirmed like late june that it had sold 476k, and it has always been that way with alot of titles. like Bayonetta 2, NPD says that it only has sold 153k until march or may i forgot, but it's not, I don't believe the vgchartz but i don't believe even less NPD. The proof is there 20k undertracked

We never got NPD sales for Splatoon. They always came from Nintendo themselves which included digital sales. That 476k was for all of the Americas while 455k is for the US alone.

According to VGChartz the Xbox One sold 130,000+ in the last week of June.

Now something tells me that's not what happened.

Yet again more evidence that VGChartz is not an accurate source to use.

Boutros said:
marsoRa said:
sidmeiernintifan said:

We never got NPD sales for Splatoon. They always came from Nintendo themselves which included digital sales. That 476k was for all of the Americas while 455k is for the US alone.

Well you may be right about that one, but i don't know what to believe anymore :(

sidmeiernintifan said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, at this rate the Sega Saturn will end up with quite a few more games than the Wii U.

I meant first party games. Saturn had a lot of support in Japan, especially great arcade ports of fighting games.

No chance. Sega Saturn had more first party games than the N64.

Around the Network
ZhugeEX said:
According to VGChartz the Xbox One sold 130,000+ in the last week of June.

Now something tells me that's not what happened.

Yet again more evidence that VGChartz is not an accurate source to use.

That Gamestop deal really helped.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Do we have PS4 numbers yet?

Go PS4!

PS4 Train still rolling on!

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Lawlight said:
Do we have PS4 numbers yet?

Please stand by.  Within the next hour for sure.