By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which handheld has the best upcoming games?

Which handheld has the best upcoming line-up?

3DS 267 74.17%

Vita 93 25.83%

Total:360
Shinobi-san said:
Lets stop with the bickering in the thread, calling each other bias etc. is not the way to go.

@Alkibiades you should have expected this reaction though, you've made a comparison thread, yet only represented one side. Thats fine in my opinion...however you asked for VITA fans to send you a list of games. This was sent. So i think the best thing to do would be to add this to your 2nd post. You can simply link them.

But you;ve setup a situation here where you are not willing to create a list, but should someone provide a list it needs to be meet your standards? This will obviously cause people to be upset.

Before further action is taken i suggest you link or paste what was given to you as requested.

OK ! Feel free to delete my posts if you think it's necessary.

(You're free to do whatever you want to after all ^^)

EDIT : Oh, I thought it was possible, sorry ^^. I'll edit my posts myself if needed to clear the thread !

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Shinobi-san said:
Lets stop with the bickering in the thread, calling each other bias etc. is not the way to go.

@Alkibiades you should have expected this reaction though, you've made a comparison thread, yet only represented one side. Thats fine in my opinion...however you asked for VITA fans to send you a list of games. This was sent. So i think the best thing to do would be to add this to your 2nd post. You can simply link them.

But you;ve setup a situation here where you are not willing to create a list, but should someone provide a list it needs to be meet your standards? This will obviously cause people to be upset.

Before further action is taken i suggest you link or paste what was given to you as requested.

OK ! Feel free to delete my posts if you think it's necessary.

(You're free to do whatever you want to after all ^^)

Editing users posts are strictly forbidden (unless we have a good reason)! Deleting is not possible

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:

But you've setup a situation here where you are not willing to create a list, but should someone provide a list it needs to be meet your standards? This will obviously cause people to be upset.

Edit: By further action im not saying you will be moderated but the mod team will discuss it. I think its a good OP its a good talking point. Lets try and keep it alive before things get out of hand.

I'll include any list as long as it isn't just listing titles of games. What's  the point of that? Just check out IGN's calender of upcoming games if that's what you want. I want people to inform me about these upcoming Vita games, that's also a reason why I made this thread. Just a couple of sentences for each game isn't that hard of a job, is it? Like I said, it doesn't need to be as in-depth as my list, but it needs something more than just the title of a game. I'll add pictures to each game once someone or multiple people made a list. If you just want to do one game that's fine as well, I'll keep editing the OP then. So let me know why you are excited for one or more games and I'll add it to my OP. It's that simple. :) I want to hear people's thought, not just "I think Vita is better" or "I think the 3DS is better". I want to know WHY.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:

I'll include any list as long as it isn't just listing titles of games. What's  the point of that? Just check out IGN's calender of upcoming games if that's what you want. I want people to inform me about these upcoming Vita games, that's also a reason why I made this thread. Just a couple of sentences for each game isn't that hard of a job, is it? Like I said, it doesn't need to be as in-depth as my list, but it needs something more than just the title of a game. I'll add pictures to each game once someone or multiple people made a list. If you just want to do one game that's fine as well, I'll keep editing the OP then. So let me know why you are excited for one or more games and I'll add it to my OP. It's that simple. :) I want to hear people's thought, not just "I think Vita is better" or "I think the 3DS is better". I want to know WHY.

I dont really want to derail your thread. But if you dont edit your post, then im afraid you might keep getting those responses. "You are bias" etc. then it becomes a moderation problem.

I think you need to consider that people might not want to create a similar list. I think it was good enought that someone even bothered to provide you with a list.

Ultimately this is your thread so the onus is on you...perhaps you should have gotten a vita fan to do the list before hand. I'm not sure what the solution is here, Im trying to compromise by asking that you add the lists that have already been given to you as you might not get anything else. Ideally i dont want to moderate anyone or get the thread locked. I think this is a fair request.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Dragon Quest and inevitable Pokemon is the only thing interesting about the 3DS lineup.

I'm loving the Vita lineup though. Too lazy to pull up a list but Dragon Quest Builders is what put it on my top spot

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I dont really want to derail your thread. But if you dont edit your post, then im afraid you might keep getting those responses. "You are bias" etc. then it becomes a moderation problem.

I think you need to consider that people might not want to create a similar list. I think it was good enought that someone even bothered to provide you with a list.

Ultimately this is your thread so the onus is on you...perhaps you should have gotten a vita fan to do the list before hand. I'm not sure what the solution is here, Im trying to compromise by asking that you add the lists that have already been given to you as you might not get anything else. Ideally i dont want to moderate anyone or get the thread locked. I think this is a fair request.

Ok, I included the list, but I think it's quite telling that not a single Vita fan wants to explain to me why these upcoming games are so good. If anyone still feels like writing something about the upcoming Vita games, don't be shy, I'll edit it in as well!

Alkibiádēs said:
Shinobi-san said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Ok, I included the list, but I think it's quite telling that not a single Vita fan wants to explain to me why these upcoming games are so good. If anyone still feels like writing something about the upcoming Vita games, don't be shy, I'll edit it in as well!

How can anyone tell you "why" upcoming games are good? They could be utter crap when they release. That even applies to huge titles like Monster Hunter Stories.

I'm really looking forward to a lot of upcoming Vita games, however I have no idea how good they are, as many of them have never made it West previously. Virtue's Last Reward is a perfect example of this. In mid 2012 in Europe, it was just an upcoming game. But the original had never been released in Europe so Europeans couldn't say "OMG amazing upcoming game because" for the most part.

I'm quite ignorant towards upcoming 3DS games. I know of a handful like Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime MonHun etc. But that is it.

Vita on the otherhand, neogaf thread with hundreds of upcoming titles. I'm not aware of 3DS having anywhere near the quality or quantity on the horizon. However as I say, I'm quite ignorant, because I've not seen anyone put together a comprehensive list of confirmed future 3DS releases, but I go on retail sites and in the West there are like 10 games due for release on the thing. The Vita has similar if you look on retailers though.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Is amazing how a console can be getting so many titles and none of them matters to almost anyone outside japan.

3Ds wins by far, Fire Emblem Fates alone looks better than all Vita games listed, imo.

MikeRox said:

How can anyone tell you "why" upcoming games are good? They could be utter crap when they release. That even applies to huge titles like Monster Hunter Stories.

That is easy to answer. You look at trailers/footage of the game to get a first impression. Then you research the game: who made it? Does it belong to an existing franchise? And if so, how good (or bad) were those previous games? I've rarely been disappointed in a game I had been hyped about. I can only think of Rome Total War II. Another thing to keep in mind is the popularity of the series. I know good sales don't necessarily translate to good quality, but if a game is really bad sales will usually be affected. Just look at the sales of Sonic Boom on Wii U and 3DS for example. Of course there are good games out there that don't sell well like Okami, The Wonderful 101, etc.

I'm really looking forward to a lot of upcoming Vita games, however I have no idea how good they are, as many of them have never made it West previously. Virtue's Last Reward is a perfect example of this. In mid 2012 in Europe, it was just an upcoming game. But the original had never been released in Europe so Europeans couldn't say "OMG amazing upcoming game because" for the most part.

That is a flaw in the library of the Vita then. Why aren't there any established and popular franchises on the system?

I'm quite ignorant towards upcoming 3DS games. I know of a handful like Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime MonHun etc. But that is it.

Vita on the otherhand, neogaf thread with hundreds of upcoming titles. I'm not aware of 3DS having anywhere near the quality or quantity on the horizon.

Quantity doesn't really matter, quality does. If I thought quality didn't matter I would have added more 3DS games like that horrible Metroid Prime game you mentioned. And yes, I can already tell that the game is going to be bad.

However as I say, I'm quite ignorant, because I've not seen anyone put together a comprehensive list of confirmed future 3DS releases, but I go on retail sites and in the West there are like 10 games due for release on the thing. The Vita has similar if you look on retailers though.

The problem I personally have is that I never heard about any of those Vita games. A succesful console needs popular and established franchises along with new IPs to truly shine. Vita lacks the first so it seems (at least that's what I understand from your post). That's not to say those new IPs aren't good, but you can't deny the benefit of popular and established franchises either.

People really made this thread more difficult than it had to be.