By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which handheld has the best upcoming games?

Which handheld has the best upcoming line-up?

3DS 267 74.17%

Vita 93 25.83%

Total:360
drdante said:
Alkibiádēs said:
HollyGamer said:
U mention which one is the best while mentioning 3DS games only, OP has to much bias, OP could just look at gaming news site or pic a picture from Internet.

Read the thread, I'm not going to talk about things I don't know enough about.

Use good arguments in this thread or don't bother posting. I've invited Vita fans to post a similar list (why do you think I have reserved a post?), but none have taken me up on that offer. Not my fault.

What about these? Can't you see the 2nd page of this thread?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7430166

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7430184

Posts that list only titles with zero explanation. Yeah, that's not going in my OP.

If you don't want to write something up for the upcoming Vita games then don't whine about my thread. I asked it kindly in my OP, but if you guys are reacting like this you can forget about me adding them. I'm not going to write about games I never even heard about, how could I possibly even do that? Instead I asked kindly for a Vita fan to do it for me. I'm also not including shovelware, games that will never reach the West or bad looking games. My list was never meant to be exhaustive, it was meant to be good. Hence why many 3DS games aren't on my list either because I don't deem them worthy enough.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
drdante said:
Alkibiádēs said:
HollyGamer said:
U mention which one is the best while mentioning 3DS games only, OP has to much bias, OP could just look at gaming news site or pic a picture from Internet.

Read the thread, I'm not going to talk about things I don't know enough about.

Use good arguments in this thread or don't bother posting. I've invited Vita fans to post a similar list (why do you think I have reserved a post?), but none have taken me up on that offer. Not my fault.

What about these? Can't you see the 2nd page of this thread?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7430166

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7430184

Posts that list only titles with zero explanation. Yeah, that's not going in my OP.

If you don't want to write something up for the upcoming Vita games then don't whine about my thread. I asked it kindly in my OP, but if you guys are reacting like this you can forget about me adding them. I'm not going to write about games I never even heard about, how could I possibly even do that? Instead I asked kindly for a Vita fan to do it for me. I'm also not including shovelware, games that will never reach the West or bad looking games. My list was never meant to be exhaustive, it was meant to be good. Hence why many 3DS games aren't on my list either because I don't deem them worthy enough.

So... Why do you even bother making a comparison thread? 

I'll make some comparison threads and list only my consoles games, because I think other games and consoles are not worthy enough.... 

I was expecting Vita games to be in the op to so I could at least compare a little bit. Pretty obvious who I would say regardless unless Nintendo had a terrible lineup. FE, MH, Paper Jam, and a few others look pretty damn interesting to me. 

Looks like the op just needs to copy and paste a good post about upcoming Vita games into the op.  He at least stated that someone should do the same for the Vita.

sethnintendo said:

I was expecting Vita games to be in the op to so I could at least compare a little bit. Pretty obvious who I would say regardless unless Nintendo had a terrible lineup. FE, MH, Paper Jam, and a few others look pretty damn interesting to me. 

Looks like the op just needs to copy and paste a good post about upcoming Vita games into the op.  He atleast stated that someone should do the same for the Vita.

Someone did. But the OP doesn't want to use their post, because it's not good enough, he doesn't know the Vita games, and they don't seem worthy to him. 

Bias much? 

Faelco said:

I'll make some comparison threads and list only my consoles games, because I think other games and consoles are not worthy enough.... 

Because I wanted to write something about the upcoming 3DS games, but that alone wouldn't provide an interesting discussion on a forum, so I made it a comparison threaùd. I'm sure there are passionate Vita fans here and if they write something nice up I'll definitely include it in the OP.

Sorry for wanting to make a high quality thread instead of just a rushed comparison. If I thought I coul do a good enough job on the Vita list I would have already done it.

I didn't just list my games, I don't even like the mainline Monster Hunter games... I included it because I know a lot of people like those games.

And my list isn't all positive, you'd have known that if you actually read my OP.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Faelco said:

Because I wanted to write something about the upcoming 3DS games, but that alone wouldn't provide an interesting discussion on a forum, so I made it a comparison threaùd. I'm sure there are passionate Vita fans here and if they write something nice up I'll definitely include it in the OP.

Sorry for wanting to make a high quality thread instead of just a rushed comparison. If I thought I coul do a good enough job on the Vita list I would have already done it.

I didn't just list my games, I don't even like the mainline Monster Hunter games... I included it because I know a lot of people like those games.

And my list isn't all positive, you'd have known that if you actually read my OP.

Even if you just want a lot of people posting in your thread, please don't make a comparison thread if you don't know how or can't make a complete comparison. 

And you can't judge what Vita game is worthy of your thread if you don't know the Vita games... 

Faelco said:

Even if you just want a lot of people posting in your thread, please don't make a comparison thread if ypu don't know how or can't make a complete comparison. 

And you can't judge what Vita game is worthy or your thread if you don't know the Vita games... 

Yet you're complaining that I want a Vita fan to make the list instead? Quite rich.

Nobody is forcing you to read or post in this thread. Instead of complaining about my OP you could have written the Vita section yourself. But I guess it's easier to call me biased even though I never once said in my OP that the 3DS has better upcoming games than the Vita.

I'd still say the 3DS, but the Vita has show quite some signs of life recently.

Alkibiádēs said:

Yet you're complaining that I want a Vita fan to make the list instead? Quite rich.

Nobody is forcing you to read or post in this thread. Instead of complaining about my OP you could have written the Vita section yourself. But I guess it's easier to call me biased even though I never once said in my OP that the 3DS has better upcoming games than the Vita.

I don't know enough about the future releases. And if I don't know enough about something, I don't make a post/thread about it...

Alkibiádēs said:

This is the problem. You refused to put posts about upcoming Vita games in your OP because they're not good enough for you. That's biased, at best. You're also saying that you're not including "shovelware", "games that will never reach the West", or (the best one) "bad looking games". But you say you don't know anything about Vita ! How could you judge that ?

Do you see what I mean ? Either you know Vita games and you put a list in your "comparison" thread, from the start, to make it a fair and complete thread/vote. Or, if you don't know anything about Vita games, you take what Vita gamers give you without saying "I don't want bad looking games in my OP". A comparison isn't only about good looking games (and even less about YOUR opinion of what a good looking game is)... If "bad looking games" are coming to Vita, it is useful to know for the vote and the discussion.

So, if you don't want your thread to be called biased, stop choosing what you want or don't want to put in your comparison, and take what the knowledgeable people give you.

Lets stop with the bickering in the thread, calling each other bias etc. is not the way to go.

@Alkibiades you should have expected this reaction though, you've made a comparison thread, yet only represented one side. Thats fine in my opinion...however you asked for VITA fans to send you a list of games. This was sent. So i think the best thing to do would be to add this to your 2nd post. You can simply link them.

But you've setup a situation here where you are not willing to create a list, but should someone provide a list it needs to be meet your standards? This will obviously cause people to be upset.

Before further action is taken i suggest you link or paste what was given to you as requested.

Edit: By further action im not saying you will be moderated but the mod team will discuss it. I think its a good OP its a good talking point. Lets try and keep it alive before things get out of hand.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|