By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fans create a petition for Iwata Amiibo

They would probably make like 10 of them, and they'd all be on Ebay the next day for $20,000 each.

Around the Network

I don't like this idea at all.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

That sounds like a terrible idea, just imagine the scalpers selling his likness on ebay for their own profit.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

So much potential for scalpers...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

It's not a good idea, in my opinion

Around the Network

Even if they donate the money, they can still be sold by scalpers. The only way is to auctiona limited quantity of them from the start.

Maybe use the brain age version of iwata?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I say that an Iwata Mii Amiibo run, with profits going to a Cancer Research charity, would be a GREAT idea.

By being a Mii Amiibo, they don't have to worry about trying to add some special functionality (but they COULD include the Iwata Mii data on the Amiibo, so people who scan it can get a special Iwata Mii if they didn't already have one through a normal Mii distribution).

And if they really wanted to make it great, they could perhaps have an Iwata Mii Amiibo used in Smash Bros have a modified set of taunts - "Directly", "Look at Bananas", and "Bow". The same could be used for results screen win animations. Because coding taunts and win animations would be far easier than coding a completely new character or moves.

*exclusive to Ebay*

No way Nintendo would advertise a figure based of their recently passed CEO.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

It should be phrased a BIT better...