By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Anyone Noticed That You Can't Skip Ads On Youtube Anymore?

It all depends on the uploader, I have the ads on my videos all set to skippable by default.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network

AdBlock is my best friend :p

Highly recommend you download this plugin if you are on a computer/laptop

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I forgot YouTube did ads. Occasionally I will watch on a device that doesn't have ad block installed and it's usually the most excruciating 10-30 seconds of my life. Luckily that only happens about once a year.

Chasesdaddy84 said:
I forgot YouTube did ads. Occasionally I will watch on a device that doesn't have ad block installed and it's usually the most excruciating 10-30 seconds of my life. Luckily that only happens about once a year.

This mirrors my experience.

At least with TV I can mute, get a snack or tune out (either literally by changing channel, or mentally tune out) but with a video on demand service I clicked with the intention of watching it then and there.

I use AdBlock, so I don't have to worry about it.

Around the Network

Adblock is your friend ...

There are still some skippable.

I noticed a 10 second unskippable advert on youtube the other day, I thought that was great, I wish they were all like that.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Haven't had this problem but most of my youtube time has been through PC (ad block). On my phone they're usually not too annoying.

4 ≈ One

I always watch ads to support those youtubers making content. Shame on you guys.

Burning Typhoon said:
I always watch ads to support those youtubers making content. Shame on you guys.

Same. I want my views to help them so no issue for me. Besides if it is a long ad I just have multiple windows open and don't "have" to actually watch anything.  I did encounter an hour long ad for a 3 minute video which I found amusing.