By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Anyone Noticed That You Can't Skip Ads On Youtube Anymore?

FloatingWaffles said:
You can always just use AdBlock.

this. AdBlock works on my Mac Chrome, but for whatever reason it won't work on Safari. So i'm using Chrome on my mac all the time for Youtube and other streaming sites that has ads.  :)

Around the Network

Yeah it seemed to affect viewing YouTube in the US more last year. But over the last few months, it's been occurring a lot more in the UK too so looks like it's spreading.

They've gotta make money somehow though. No doubt at some point they'll look to do "YouTube Premium" accounts or something that are ad free.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Burning Typhoon said:
I always watch ads to support those youtubers making content. Shame on you guys.

well you can klick on on the ads on the end of the month. There are a lot of youtubers who dont deserve ad revenue imo, the ones espacially who are all about click bait

Well, I watched 25 episodes of Berserk in the last two days on youtube without any ads. It was kinda nice. I just checked some youtube vids and no ads for me. So I don't know but I like it.

Never see ads since I use Adblock. I'm surprised most people don't use it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I have adblock specifically allow ads to run on YouTube because the only videos I watch are from artists who make a living off of developing YouTube content. I've noticed recently that the ads sometimes DON'T let you skip anymore, but only infrequently does it happen. I think it's a glitch. That said, you can refresh the page and it usually skips the ad the second load.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Video Ads have always been skippable for me after a ~5 second wait.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Ruler said:
Burning Typhoon said:
I always watch ads to support those youtubers making content. Shame on you guys.

well you can klick on on the ads on the end of the month. There are a lot of youtubers who dont deserve ad revenue imo, the ones espacially who are all about click bait

so you are frequently watching click bait channels?

I watch several channels and I want all of them to get their fair share of ad revenue

MoHasanie said:
Never see ads since I use Adblock. I'm surprised most people don't use it.

if they did the business-model would fail - that said youtube afaik is in the red every quarter, but luckily it's "too big to fail" I guess

Yeah like others have said i've been using AdBlock for years now so I haven't even seen an ad on a Youtube video in a while. 

Ad Block Plus is your friend.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive