By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates over sexualization is really off putting imo (pics)

WhiteSky said:

is that for you too much? 

Sadly, for me, this answer truly depends on ones personal views White-San. This issue is constant throughout multimedia entertainment. Even some people viewed StarFire from the New 52 a form of artistic freedom. The big question still is "Where do both devs. and gamers draw the line between artistic freedom and over sexualization?"

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network
ToraTiger said:
Wyrdness said:
Who gives a f**k both male and female characters are depicted so what, welcome to the real world where sex is just another thing and people just get on with their lives.

What...In the real world where women with huge sized tits wear skimpy armor to war and jiggles her assets all across your screen?  This is truly in poor taste, maybe if they made a sexy fast ninja girl in a skimpy outfit that would make sense, but these girls are dressing like hookers while they're still wearing armor.  It's poor taste and sacrifices any and all artistic direction they had going in the earlier games. 

You go on as if sexualization is a new thing it's all over sites like tumblr for a start the are subcultures based on such things and what you're complaining about here pales in comparison to what's out in the real world. What you're moaning about here is simple fanservice which is quite lite compared to most and something you don't have to bother with in the game, it's no more harmless then going to the beach and seeing people in their beach wear.

Companies like Marvel have been doing what you're complaining about for decades.

OnlyForDisplay said:

Sadly, for me, this answer truly depends on ones personal views White-San. This issue is constant throughout multimedia entertainment. Even some people viewed StarFire from the New 52 a form of artistic freedom. The big question still is "Where do both devs. and gamers draw the line between artistic freedom and over sexualization?"

The problem here is when talking about drawing the line it can simply be argued that if it's not breaking the law the's no line to be drawn but rather a form of acceptance that even if what you see is not to your tastes it's still someone's artistic vision.

Sex appeal on a Japanese anything? Travesty. Although, I agree, I fucking hate fanservice that it's just in to appeal to weebs, especially the pandering to pedos, that shit creeps me out beyond belief.

I'm now filled with determination.

Faelco said:
WhiteSky said:

is that for you too much?

In Senran Kagura ? No, it would be perfect.

In Fire Emblem ? What's the point of this outfit ? The only advantage in battle is that she's more likely to be captured by the enemy to be raped rather than being killed. That outfit has NOTHING to do close to a battlefield.

Design-wise, it's ugly and lazy, with no imagination from the designer. It's like any "ecchi battle anime" character, or the MMORPG type of armor worn only by perverts who fap while looking at their own female character.

And it's not even original, several characters (and male ones too) share the exact same outfit. Just lame.

Is it really ecchi for you?
Design: looks like a oriental dancer outfit.
Original? - No, its the standard outfit for Dark Mage
by the way she is only a side charackter and she is not important for the main story

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
Anfebious said:

I mentioned Quina and no one bats an eye. I really got aroused by her, specially with that long tounge she had.

Maybe we are using the wrong term here. It's not "sexualized",it's "hot chick". And RPG's are full of those. You need a hot chick to be a decent RPG.

FF VII for example has 3 very hot chicks. The "hot as fuck" Tifa and the "hot but cute" Aerith.  You also have the "almost hot and a little bit too young" Yuffie.

The Fire Emblem series has always had "hot chicks".  The difference is now their tits are popping out of their completely-ill-suited-for-combat outfits.

I can cherry pick this too:

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wyrdness said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

The problem here is when talking about drawing the line it can simply be argued that if it's not breaking the law the's no line to be drawn but rather a form of acceptance that even if what you see is not to your tastes it's still someone's artistic vision.

Which is still an issue. Personally Wyrdenss-San, I don't believe there will be a solution for said issue any time soon; if ever as well. 

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

TallSilhouette said:
vivster said:
ToraTiger said:

I'm not denying that part, but a lot of them don't. 

And like I said the point of this thread isn't to call out sexualization in RPGs, I'm just calling it out in this particular RPG which went 20 years without having to resort to these sleezy tactics. 

Please name just a single western RPG that does not feature oversexualized female characters. Just one.

Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Skyrim, etc. Not even hard, bro.

lol. Skyrim has sexualized female characters. Haven't played the others to comment.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

^ Oversexualized? Which?

outlawauron said:

I can cherry pick this too:

You can cherry pick better.  Edit: wrong character.

Fair enough.  Even though I could argue that you wouldn't know what Sonia is wearing unless you saw this art because the sprite is a generic mage, I'll digress.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"