By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How angry would you be if Splatoon ever made its way to the 3DS?

I recently sold my Wii U because i just have too many games to play on my PS3/PS4.

Im waiting for Nintendo to announce the non-XL new 3ds to buy it, Splatoon would be a great addition to it's library.

So basically i would love a 3ds port, even if it's downgraded to hell.

Around the Network

Why would I be angry? The game would sell a lot, and that would be great to set the franchise.

spemanig said:
bunchanumbers said:

I just don't think that it could handle it in all its inky splendor at 60 fps. The fps will probably be one of the first things sacrificed along with draw distance and visual effects. And yes I think that 3DS would stuggle with Splatoon. The game is pure chaos and I think that the 3DS would most likely not be able to handle it well.

Ironfall runs at 60fps on the 3DS. A downgrade of Splatoon on the 3DS would run fun on the hardware. And let's not act like Splatoon has technically impressive visual effects. If Smash and Mario Kart 7 have to issues running well on the 3DS, Splatoon would be a cake walk. "Pure chaos" my ass.

If it isn't pure chaos then its not being done right. I still don't think that it would fly on a regular 3DS.

bunchanumbers said:

If it isn't pure chaos then its not being done right. I still don't think that it would fly on a regular 3DS.

"Pure chaos" isn't reliant on specs. It's reliant on game design. There's nothing in splatoon that can't be done the 3DS from a game design point of view. That's blatantly obvious. Splatoon is as bare bones as it gets. Again, the 3ds handles both MK7 and Smash 4 just fine. Splatoon would be much easier than those games.

Around the Network

Eww, that would be worse than Smash 3DS

Why the hell would anyone care? What's with these "Would be mad if..." threads?