By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Rainbow Formed Outside of Nintendo's HQ Yesterday

there is nothing that could top that. R.I.P Itawa.

Around the Network
Stellar_Fungk said:
LurkerJ said:
Xxain said:
Moments like this make concepts of higher forces all the more convincing

Yeah. If you mean higher forces that can't prevent cancer and allow it to happen.

It's a fucking rainbow...

Look, man. You seem to be a sceptic and that's okay. We all know that this has nothing to do with a multidimensional conscious entity. It's just the coincidence that a rainbow happens to exist above Nintendos HQ after Iwata-san's passing and we are romanticizing it. There's nothing wrong with that. It's what human beings do. It's a beautiful symbol.

OR you can be boring as fuck and see it through a scepticist's eyes. But that's boring and not romantic. Give philosophy a rest for just a day. :P

He lived doing what he loved and made lots of money out of it and changed the world for few years with the Wii. That's a happy story you can romanticize and not sound silly as fuck while doing so.

LurkerJ said:
Stellar_Fungk said:
LurkerJ said:
Xxain said:

Yeah. If you mean higher forces that can't prevent cancer and allow it to happen.

Look, man. You seem to be a sceptic and that's okay. We all know that this has nothing to do with a multidimensional conscious entity. It's just the coincidence that a rainbow happens to exist above Nintendos HQ after Iwata-san's passing and we are romanticizing it. There's nothing wrong with that. It's what human beings do. It's a beautiful symbol.

OR you can be boring as fuck and see it through a scepticist's eyes. But that's boring and not romantic. Give philosophy a rest for just a day. :P

He lived doing what he loved and made lots of money out of it and changed the world for few years with the Wii. That's a happy story you can romanticize and not sound silly as fuck while doing so.

We all grieve in our own way.  Romanticism or not, i think we all have the same sentiments: Thank you, Iwata.

LurkerJ said:
Stellar_Fungk said:
LurkerJ said:
Xxain said:

Yeah but not special or rare as a rainbow over Nintendo's HQ the day after CEO's passing. You don't have to be logical all the time, especially in a thread about a rainbow over Nintendo's HQ. (you can but it's ideas and energy used in the wrong place and will not have great effect here)

You can discuss these things here: http://www.ontologyforum.com/home

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

FloatingWaffles said:

Iwata went "directly" a better place and the rainbow I feel like is a final message to show it.

Rest in Peace Iwata and you will always be remembered. 

I don't want to get off-topic, but I don't understand the "better place" reasoning. What's the point of even living if we can just go to a better place? Anyways, a rainbow is always beautiful.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Iwata went "directly" a better place and the rainbow I feel like is a final message to show it.

Rest in Peace Iwata and you will always be remembered. 

I don't want to get off-topic, but I don't understand the "better place" reasoning. What's the point of even living if we can just go to a better place? Anyways, a rainbow is always beautiful.

Honestly, I don't know. I don't want to turn this into a belief sort of topic but I do think it depends on what you believe in.  If you believe in some sort of afterlife then it usually is assumed that "better place" means Heaven and that none of the bad things that happen in our world can happen there.  It also goes back to the whole "what is the meaning of life" question as well, I don't think anyone ever really has an answer because it's all up to what you believe in. 

I hardly ever talk about stuff like religion/beliefs so I don't know what to say. 

What i don't get about the "better place" idea is this:

What could be better for a gamer than being Nintendo CEO? God can't beat that.
Hope Iwata is in a really good place though.

What is it about people dying that brings such cheesy comments out of people?

Sure it's sad but some of the things I've read are eye roll inducing.

Good thing he's a good gamer, he won't fall off rainbow road :')

He was just an angel in disguise all along.

I'm now filled with determination.