By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 7 Games Satoru Iwata Helped Make

Iwata was a brilliant mind who made fantastic games. 55 years is far too short a time for a man of his caliber to live on this earth.

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Vini256 said:
Salnax said:

This is true for me also, never knew that he was behind one of the best unlockables in a game.... a whole other game world.

RIP Legend-San

TBH, to this day, Gold still is my favorite Pokémon game, it has so much content compared to the other ones... especially compared to XY.

A Legend that always will be remember. 55 years is way too short..... :(

impressive resume', but simply WOW @ what he did for Earthbound, the pokemon games and Melee

Vini256 said:
ganoncrotch said:
Vini256 said:
Salnax said:

This is true for me also, never knew that he was behind one of the best unlockables in a game.... a whole other game world.

RIP Legend-San

TBH, to this day, Gold still is my favorite Pokémon game, it has so much content compared to the other ones... especially compared to XY.

I've not actually played the newer generation of Pokemon games but the last I played didn't feature things like a proper day/night cycle like there was in Gold/Silver where you had pokemon coming out at morning time... like actual morning time.

Shame that extra internal clock ate the shit outta the battery back up in most Carts of Gold/Silver tho, so now my copies of Red/Blue/Yellow still have their save data but none of my G/S/P games will hold a save file or set the clock right.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Vini256 said:

I've not actually played the newer generation of Pokemon games but the last I played didn't feature things like a proper day/night cycle like there was in Gold/Silver where you had pokemon coming out at morning time... like actual morning time.

Shame that extra internal clock ate the shit outta the battery back up in most Carts of Gold/Silver tho, so now my copies of Red/Blue/Yellow still have their save data but none of my G/S/P games will hold a save file or set the clock right.

Same thing happened to me, my Blue cartridge saves and all, but my Gold one doesn't anymore =P

What an incredibly legacy, first as a game developer and then as a CEO of one of the biggest and most beloved companies of all time.

The man had so much talent, class and inspiration. And even though we didn't agree with his decisons always, he had much dedication to his fans.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Vini256 said:
ganoncrotch said:

Same thing happened to me, my Blue cartridge saves and all, but my Gold one doesn't anymore =P

Strange how both my silver and crystal still work and save properly, yet both my red and yellow don't.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Earthbound 2.... Pokemon Stadium.... Pokemon Gold/Silver, Melee, Kirby... amazing.

Very few people in the industry can match a career like that.

Salnax said:

Kirby's Adventure (1993)

Synopsis: The second Kirby platformer, this is where Kirby got his trademark ability to copy enemy powers, a series staple. Though the Game Boy original created the Kirby series, this was the one that codified it, much like how Super Mario Bros codified the existing Mario series of platformers.

Iwata's Role: Producer. Iwata would be the Producer for many Kirby games in the 90's including Dream Land 2 and 3, Super Star, and a couple of spinoffs. I also suspect that he lent some of his programming expertise, considering Kirby's Adventure pushed the NES hardware to its limit. Note that one part of the Butter Building stage had pseudo-3D graphics that could not be accurately remade in the GBA remake, Nightmare in Dream Land.

I don't know if it couldn't be accurately remade; GBA had some games that were fully 3D.  Probably didn't want to spend the time, or maybe did it for gameplay reasons (people might get confused by that layout?)

RushJet1 on: 

Bandcamp

YouTube

Twitter