By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 7 Games Satoru Iwata Helped Make

Had no idea he was involved with NES open golf. One of my favorite sports games of all time! Had a blast with it back in the days.. have to pick that one!

Around the Network

Earthbound and Kirby will be his legacy as far as games go.

Cameo in WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

Yup, it's time for me to finally play Earthbound.

As a bonus mention he had a massive hand is creating the DS a handheld which influenced portable devices in general as devices like the iPod and smart phones began utilizing touch screens more avidly after seeing the diverse utility it gave the DS.

Around the Network

This is awesome. I'm definitely stealing this. Good work. Very touching.

Adventure of LOLO

Executive Producer Satoru Iwata

With what he did for Pokemon gold/silver and by extension chrystal, he is directly responsible for one of my fondest childhood gaming memories ever. I just could not believe it, when after everything was said and done I got to surf over that little lake and dicover a new entire world! An extension of the story and basically another whole game.
I was running around gameboycolor in hand chanting something to the effect of: 'Oh my god, this is so awesome! OmG, so awesome!'

He was an ingenious programmer and it's nice to see his achievements in that department mentioned because programmers tend to be on the the invisible, underappreciated side of game developement, despite the fact that theyre one of the most crucial parts. Programmers usually only ever get reconized when they screw up, not when they do really well, in contrast to artists, producers etc.

Iwata will be remembered fondly.

Salnax said:

Pokemon Gold/Silver (1999)

Synopsis: The ultimate sequel to one of the most popular games ever made.

Iwata's Role: Compressed thae game's data well enough to squeeze in Kanto. He basically managed to fit the original game's world as bonus content. I can't even describe how awesome that is.

Pokémon Gold was my first Nintendo game, and I loved discovering Kanto after beating Johto, I was afraid to finish the game because I liked it so much, but it turned out it wasn't even close to the end of the game. Thanks Iwata, for making an awesome game even better :')

Vini256 said:
Salnax said:

Pokemon Gold/Silver (1999)

Synopsis: The ultimate sequel to one of the most popular games ever made.

Iwata's Role: Compressed thae game's data well enough to squeeze in Kanto. He basically managed to fit the original game's world as bonus content. I can't even describe how awesome that is.

Pokémon Gold was my first Nintendo game, and I loved discovering Kanto after beating Johto, I was afraid to finish the game because I liked it so much, but it turned out it wasn't even close to the end of the game. Thanks Iwata, for making an awesome game even better :')

This is true for me also, never knew that he was behind one of the best unlockables in a game.... a whole other game world.

RIP Legend-San

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive