By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that Satoru Iwata (RIP) has passed away, what do you think will change at Nintendo?

I don't know what will change. Anything could happen.

Around the Network

I don't really care at the moment what's next. I still can't believe he's gone.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

As long as that old family (I forget their name) still controls Nintendo I don't see much changing. Maybe they'll push for new franchises but they won't change their hardware and family trend.

I am Iron Man

Very bad taste doing this thread so soon

Anything could change, depending on what decisions they make on appointing the next guy. We could get someone who's serious about 3rd parties and powerful consoles, could get someone who's the same as he is, even someone who prefers mobile stuff, there's a huge range of possibilities. It's just unfortunate that he will not see his vision through on the whole dedicated platforms business.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
guiduc said:

Well, talk about a lack of respect to his memory.

But as with any situation when a loved one dies, you always think about who or what they leave behind. What will happen, what next? To ignore it till tomorro w is to not respect his life, what he has done. We honor it by already getting to work on his legacy, making it better, improving upon it, showing the world that Nintendo is the same as it ihas always been.

This is not lack of respect. When is the cutoff for respect? I respet him by talking about him. Keeping his memory alive.

Spurge, it's all about timing. I know you have great respect for the man, I'm sure you do. It's just about giving respect to its grieving family and close relatives too. Did you know that Nintendo stockholding went up 4% the moment his death was announced? Investors feel confident about the future and forecast bolder and larger investments as the company's direction switch hands. I personally can't help but feel disgusted even if they are probably right.

It's just a matter of letting it settle down. VGChartz isn't going anywhere, we'll have plenty of time talking about Nintendo's whereabouts in a foreseeable future.

It seems to Nintendo was already on a trajectory. With the Wii U not selling well and the 3ds on a downward trajectory, they knew they had to change, and they were already in the process of making huge sweeping changes within the company. That will continue.

guiduc said:
spurgeonryan said:

But as with any situation when a loved one dies, you always think about who or what they leave behind. What will happen, what next? To ignore it till tomorro w is to not respect his life, what he has done. We honor it by already getting to work on his legacy, making it better, improving upon it, showing the world that Nintendo is the same as it ihas always been.

This is not lack of respect. When is the cutoff for respect? I respet him by talking about him. Keeping his memory alive.

Spurge, it's all about timing. I know you have great respect for the man, I'm sure you do. It's just about giving respect to its grieving family and close relatives too. Did you know that Nintendo stockholding went up 4% the moment his death was announced? Investors feel confident about the future and forecast bolder and larger investments as the company's direction switch hands. I personally can't help but feel disgusted even if they are probably right.

It's just a matter of letting it settle down. VGChartz isn't going anywhere, we'll have plenty of time talking about Nintendo's whereabouts in a foreseeable future.

I'm sure right now his family is living the hell that is the legal procedures of inheritance and sucessory law. Death is an ugly deal for the beneficiaries and their legal representatives... grieving is for the younger relatives and close friends.

Not to mention most of the world isn't like in NA where people follow the tacky practice of taking ages to bury someone after they die. In Japan people are buried the day after the wake.

tbh, i think Reggie should be his succsesor!

Later man...give it like at least a week.