12.0 million 75 20.33%

12.5 million 44 11.92%

13.0 million 29 7.86%

13.5 million 7 1.90%

> 13.5 million 20 5.42%

Total:369
tak13 said:
OneKartVita said:

Don't worry I've got elementary,  secondary and university knowledge but thanks for the concern.  

I believe the Wii U is over tracked and if I'd to give a number I'd say 150k. 

I mean sales-wise...

150k? So  350K on the shelves? No way and I explained/rationalized  previously the reason why, very well...

And you keep talking at random... Excuse me, but That's somewhat absurd!

I believe there's at least that with the holiday season coming up.  How many wii u's will be sold on black friday?  Or the weeks after.  Those wii u are already shipped.  So yeah there's my elementary sales thoughts for today. 

Around the Network

I'll be keeping my 11 M by 2016 prediction.. holiday should be able to push it

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

OneKartVita said:
tak13 said:

I mean sales-wise...

150k? So  350K on the shelves? No way and I explained/rationalized  previously the reason why, very well...

And you keep talking at random... Excuse me, but That's somewhat absurd!

I believe there's at least that with the holiday season coming up.  How many wii u's will be sold on black friday?  Or the weeks after.  Those wii u are already shipped.  So yeah there's my elementary sales thoughts for today. 

Oh, I assumed that you were thinking of that and it's very logical,I admit that my friend!

However we'were taliking about  numbers as of September, holidays in the west are in November-december ( For japan, only November), they will ship as much as units to make a sufficient stock  in order to meet the demand within those months (and probably before these two months, in october but in a moderate extend)...

Why shipping mostly in advance ? Especially for wii u, it doesn't make sense! They will ship the needed units in accordance with demand and stores ordering...

Mummelmann said:
Miyamotoo said:
Mummelmann said:
Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:
It looks like 15M LTD is the best we can expect.

Wii U will be around 15m at end of 2016.

Its down around 300k in its first ten months of the year compared to 2014 (around 1.7 million versus 2 million last year), that's exactly at the 15% I predicted in January and it shows a console already in fairly large decline. It won't sell 3.5-4 million next year.

15 million by the end of 2016 is more or less impossible at this point, regardless of what happens. I fully expect another 15-20% decline next year and the Wii U sold around 3.7 million last year. Set to sell maybe 3.1-3.3 million this year and with further drops, it will likely land comfortably below 3 million for the year, 2.5 million wouldn't shock me either if and when more news and dates on NX appear.

Wii U will be around 12.3m at end of this year, and next year could sell around 2.5, thats around 15m.

That's 13.8 million and as far as year totals go, a full 50% off in sales if we use 2.5 million and 15 million as markers and values. That's not exactly insignificant, unless you like wrestling and like to write the longest posts on vgchartz, in which case the maring extends to around 70%.

No that is 14.8m not 13.8m.

LOL How long has it been since they hit 10 million? I've forgotten. Thats pretty shitty.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Mummelmann said:

That's 13.8 million and as far as year totals go, a full 50% off in sales if we use 2.5 million and 15 million as markers and values. That's not exactly insignificant, unless you like wrestling and like to write the longest posts on vgchartz, in which case the maring extends to around 70%.

No that is 14.8m not 13.8m.

Haha, oops, my bad!

tak13 said:
OneKartVita said:

Oh, I assumed that you were thinking of that and it's very logical,I admit that my friend!

However we'were taliking about  numbers as of September, holidays in the west are in November-december ( For japan, only November), they will ship as much as units to make a sufficient stock  in order to meet the demand within those months (and probably before these two months, in october but in a moderate extend)...

Why shipping mostly in advance ? Especially for wii u, it doesn't make sense! They will ship the needed units in accordance with demand and stores ordering...

Why ship in advance?  Because we're into November and it's only a week until black friday.  

And Nintendo will be trying to ship as many as possible.  They might be still selling wii u's that were developed in 2014 so they want them gone while the Wii U still has any chance of selling. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL How long has it been since they hit 10 million? I've forgotten. Thats pretty shitty.

They passed 10 million on the 13th of July 2015 (about 9 million at xmas last year). The latest VG Chartz figures have the Wii U on 10.9 million as of 14th of November 2015. That means there is about 6-7 weeks of sales to be counted for this year and Nintendo would need to average about 150k - 160k of Wii U sales per week to make it to 12 million. I think they will fall short of this, maybe if Starfox had of made it out on schedule it might be a different story?

So this is the conclusion of the thread, with the Wii U amassing 12.5 million units sold by the end of 2015. It's interesting that while 10.29% of you were spot on the money about 75% of people underestimated the sales the Wii U would be able to achieve by the end of last year, myself included.
Does this change your opinion on the Wii U at all or is it still a huge flop for Nintendo? Another poll worth doing would be to see whether the Wii U would sell what they sold in 2015 (3.5 million) in 2016. With Starfox and Zelda coming you never know. That would mean the Wii U could be at about 16 million units sold by Christmas this year. Is that a realistic expectation? Anyway thanks to everyone who participated in the thread....

16 million for the WiiU seems fine. It needs a price drop with a bundle of Zelda U. Nintendo also needs to release their 2016 game lineup to continue the support of this system. Besides ZeldaU, what big IP Nintendo has this year to push hardware sales is already a bit worrying. Pokken - I don't think it would be a big hit.