11.0 million 69 18.70%

11.5 million 84 22.76%

12.0 million 75 20.33%

12.5 million 44 11.92%

13.0 million 29 7.86%

13.5 million 7 1.90%

> 13.5 million 20 5.42%

Total:369

It would be great to see Wii U pass 12 million by xmas. With 2 Zelda games and Starfox in 2016 there may be a little life in it yet.

Around the Network

eventually

It looks like 15M LTD is the best we can expect.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Wii U will be around 15m at end of 2016.

Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:

Exactly my point.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:

Its down around 300k in its first ten months of the year compared to 2014 (around 1.7 million versus 2 million last year), that's exactly at the 15% I predicted in January and it shows a console already in fairly large decline. It won't sell 3.5-4 million next year.

15 million by the end of 2016 is more or less impossible at this point, regardless of what happens. I fully expect another 15-20% decline next year and the Wii U sold around 3.7 million last year. Set to sell maybe 3.1-3.3 million this year and with further drops, it will likely land comfortably below 3 million for the year, 2.5 million wouldn't shock me either if and when more news and dates on NX appear.

Mummelmann said:

Its down around 300k in its first ten months of the year compared to 2014 (around 1.7 million versus 2 million last year), that's exactly at the 15% I predicted in January and it shows a console already in fairly large decline. It won't sell 3.5-4 million next year.

15 million by the end of 2016 is more or less impossible at this point, regardless of what happens. I fully expect another 15-20% decline next year and the Wii U sold around 3.7 million last year. Set to sell maybe 3.1-3.3 million this year and with further drops, it will likely land comfortably below 3 million for the year, 2.5 million wouldn't shock me either if and when more news and dates on NX appear.

They are going to announce the NX next year. The decline could be bigger.

Mummelmann said:
Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:

Wii U will be around 12.3m at end of this year, and next year could sell around 2.5, thats around 15m.

Going by Nintendos numbers the Wii U looks over tracked on here. So everyone should adjust their numbers down

Bofferbrauer said:
WolfpackN64 said:
JGarret said:
WolfpackN64 said:
I love my Wii U, but it's not hard to see where they made missteps. I hope Nintendo will return to the Red Ocean one day.

Don´t you mean blue ocean?

Blue Ocean is their strategy to dive into unexplored markets (like the Wii) instead of the Red Ocean that's an already explored market (aka Xbox One/PS4)

I'd just like to see them try to take on Sony and Microsoft head on again.

I don't think they'll do. I mean, they tried just that with the Wii U at launch with an impressive third party lineup, but it didn't work out.

I rather believe they will go even more their own way, buying some IP and developing some other ones along the way. If it's a success, third party will come back, if not, they'll be independent enough to survive without them.

Releasing a console that had a different architecture, last generation power, a gamepad instead of a regular controller, no achievement/trophy system, 32GB of internal storage etc... it NOT competing directly with PS4 and Xbox One. In no way did Nintendo try to take them on head to head with that business plan.

If Nintendo takes them on, it's going to be with an apples to apples strategy. Like Wolfpack, I hope they do because that's when they're creatively at their best imo.