By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ! ! ! Batman V Superman - New trailer from Comic-Con

mornelithe said:
Hynad said:

The effect might weaken him, but it may not make him feel the same exact same way as the atmosphere did in MoS. The bleeding and problem to breathe, for example, are most likely not going to be among the effects it has on him.

As for the rest of your questions, nothing tells us the rocks arrived later. 

It wouldn't have to, anything resembling what happened to him on that ship would very likely make him perk up and pay attention, would it not?  Come on.  Superman is not an idiot. 

Nothing tells us how the rocks got there period, so right now it's all guesswork.  I was merely thinking about Krypton's location and since they nicely laid out where it is for me, I started thinking about the math involved here, and unless it was actually brought to Earth from Krypton (or possibly the remnants of an earlier asteroid impact w/ Krypton from thousands of years ago??? maybe??) there's no way shards of Krypton could make it to Earth, this quickly.  

Which brings back the World Engine theory, but, we know Superman was probably integral in cleanup and rescue efforts after the incident, it's extremely likely he'd notice the lingering effects, right?  So, no matter how you flip this, it's not like Superman shouldn't have advanced warning.

Why couldn't the rocks arrive on Earth around the same time as Kal-El? They could have traveled with him on his way to earth, as is always the case in the comics. They wouldn't crash on earth at the exact same spot as Kal-El, and could be unknown to him. In fact, nobody would know where they came from at first.

I don't know why you can't think about these things by yourself. For anything you think, you should try to find a reason for it to be wrong or different.

Anyway, I'm sure the movie will provide explanations for all of this.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
mornelithe said:

It wouldn't have to, anything resembling what happened to him on that ship would very likely make him perk up and pay attention, would it not?  Come on.  Superman is not an idiot. 

Nothing tells us how the rocks got there period, so right now it's all guesswork.  I was merely thinking about Krypton's location and since they nicely laid out where it is for me, I started thinking about the math involved here, and unless it was actually brought to Earth from Krypton (or possibly the remnants of an earlier asteroid impact w/ Krypton from thousands of years ago??? maybe??) there's no way shards of Krypton could make it to Earth, this quickly.  

Which brings back the World Engine theory, but, we know Superman was probably integral in cleanup and rescue efforts after the incident, it's extremely likely he'd notice the lingering effects, right?  So, no matter how you flip this, it's not like Superman shouldn't have advanced warning.

Why couldn't the rocks arrive on Earth around the same time as Kal-El? They could have traveled with him on his way to earth, as is always the case in the comics. They wouldn't crash on earth at the exact same spot as Kal-El, and could be unknown to him. In fact, nobody would know where they came from at first.

I don't know why you can't think about these things by yourself. For anything you think, you should try to find a reason for it to be wrong or different.

Because Kal-el took off from above a house.  No rock was observable in that segment of the film (in or around his ship at the time of launch), in the slightest.  

Questioning things is actually a great way to go, it makes you think a heck of allot more than just trying to find a solution that fits, without paying attention to the evidence that suggests otherwise.  Plus, maybe, just maybe I'm taking this stance just for the fun of thinking about it really really hard :D  Plus, when I looked into how far Krypton was from Earth, and did the math etc... it raised more questions. Heh.

mornelithe said:
Hynad said:

Because Kal-el took off from above a house.  No rock was observable in that segment of the film (in or around his ship at the time of launch), in the slightest.  

Questioning things is actually a great way to go, it makes you think a heck of allot more than just trying to find a solution that fits, without paying attention to the evidence that suggests otherwise.  Plus, maybe, just maybe I'm taking this stance just for the fun of thinking about it really really hard :D

You are questioning things, just like most people here. But you are only finding ways to discredit everything. Not providing much to actually consider any possible ways to explain things and make them work. 

As for your last sentence, I had the feeling your were doing all this just for the kick... This doesn't sit well with me. So I may distance myself from this discussion with you from now on.

Hynad said:
mornelithe said:

Questioning things is actually a great way to go, it makes you think a heck of allot more than just trying to find a solution that fits, without paying attention to the evidence that suggests otherwise.  Plus, maybe, just maybe I'm taking this stance just for the fun of thinking about it really really hard :D

You are questioning things, just like most people here. But you are only finding ways to discredit everything. Not providing much to actually consider any possible ways to explain things and make them work. 

As for you last sentence, this now makes sure I am not going to discuss this movie further with you. 

I'm not really sure whether or not I'm supposed to care?  Nobody asked you into the conversation, anyway.  You are free to respond or not, at your own discretion.  I had already established I was doing this for fun, it's really not my fault if you weren't following the train of thought between Normchado and I, from the beginning.

mornelithe said:
Hynad said:

As for you last sentence, this now makes sure I am not going to discuss this movie further with you. 

I'm not really sure whether or not I'm supposed to care?  Nobody asked you into the conversation, anyway.  You are free to respond or not, at your own discretion.

Well, I created the thread. And I sure didn't go and ask you to take a part in it, did I? This goes both ways.

Not saying you can't take part in it. But that argument is rather pointless. -___-

Around the Network

I'm still not sold on Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Affleck and Cavill jacked for this this movie. It makes casting a waif as Wonder Woman that more obvious. Otherwise I thought the trailer was good.

Hynad said:
mornelithe said:

I'm not really sure whether or not I'm supposed to care?  Nobody asked you into the conversation, anyway.  You are free to respond or not, at your own discretion.

Well, I created the thread. And I sure didn't go and ask you to take a part in it, did I? This goes both ways.

Not saying you can't take part in it. But that argument is rather pointless. -___-

I never quoted you in the beginning, so technically I simply made comments, you quoted a conversation I was having with someone else and took part.  Completely different scenarios, I was commenting on the trailer/concept, you were responding directly to something I'd said :D

Darc Requiem said:
I'm still not sold on Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Affleck and Cavill jacked for this this movie. It makes casting a waif as Wonder Woman that more obvious. Otherwise I thought the trailer was good.

Shoulda been Ronda Rousey lol.

mornelithe said:
Hynad said:

I never quoted you in the beginning, so technically I simply made comments, you quoted a conversation I was having with someone else and took part.  Completely different scenarios. :D

If you say so...

In any case, you go and stick with ways to see how things shouldn't or couldn't work. I'm saying if you put the same energy you put into trying to discredit everything to instead try to find ways for it to actually work, you could find many possible answers and rebuttals to your own downplays.

Anyways, the movie isn't out yet. The writers will most likely address all of that in the movie. At this point, it is too early to call things inconsistent or illogical.

Hynad said:
mornelithe said:

I never quoted you in the beginning, so technically I simply made comments, you quoted a conversation I was having with someone else and took part.  Completely different scenarios. :D

If you say so...

In any case, you go and stick with ways to see how things shouldn't or couldn't work. I'm saying if you put the same energy you put into trying to discredit everything to instead try to find ways for it to actually work, you could find many possible answers and rebuttals to your own downplays.

That's nice, you're assuming I haven't considered them already, even though I've already talked about some and dismissed a few as unlikely (or, 50/50), or as to aiding Superman in his general awareness of a weakness to physical fragments from Krypton, but I may have talked about that earlier in the conversation.  I even offered up a possibility nobody else had thought of (asteroid/comet impact w/ Krypton long before Superman, and the ensuing debris cloud etc..), but I guess that one escaped your notice as well.  Just saying.