By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ! ! ! Batman V Superman - New trailer from Comic-Con

mornelithe said:
Normchacho said:

1. Sorry, let me fix that. What I meant to say was that Batmans motives for trying to kill Superman don't include Superman trying to kill Batman. Batman wants to kill Superman regardless.

2. As I said, he is totally unaware that kryptonite exsists and is on earth at the end of MOS and likely won't be made aware of it until it is used agianst him or until just before it's used against him.

3. Which would could lead to Batman, or the people he is trying to protect with his secret identity, being harmed or killed, which isn't Supermans goal. He also doesn't want Batman to expose him as Clark Kent, since assuming the new movie is anything like pretty much any other Batman-Superman encounter, it should take Batman all of five minutes to figure out who Superman is.

1. Then Superman's reactions should be commensurate to Batman's, ala Zod/Superman.  Except Superman would just have to flick him across the room.

2. It doesn't matter if he's aware that Kryptonite exists, it matters that he knows that there is a connection between his powers and Krypton.  It's as much of a guess to assume he doesn't know anything about Kryptonite, as it is to assume he does.  It'd also be interesting to know where Krypton was, and if it's even possible for fragments of Kryptons explosion to even reach Earth w/in Superman's lifetime.

3. Yeah, but in that regard, Batman's a bad guy.  Superman's dealings with bad people versus good people are quite different.  And it's not like Superman would know nothing about Batman.  He'd know about the tools and the gadgets, and a smart tactician would expect a scientific slant.  So, don't let him get anywhere near you, and incapacitate from a distance.  And if Superman does know who Batman is, getting rid of Wayne manor, and Wayne Tower, and thusly, Wayne's toybox, wouldn't take much effort.

1. Supermans reactions would have to match up with how much of a threat Batman poses to him. Which, up until the kryptonite suit, would be pretty much none. So, Superman vs. Batman in kryptonite suit battle takes place since this is the first time Superman realizes that Batman is a real threat.

2. How can he be careful to avoid something he doesn't even know exsists? It's also much more likely that he doesn't know about kryptonite. How would he find out about it? How would he know it's in Batmans suit before getting close enough to feel it? The last part of your #2 is a huge nit-pick. He's an alien that came from another planet who can fly and shoot lasers. You have to give the story SOME scientific leeway.

3. You said it yourself, Superman knows who Batman is and what he does. He knows Batman fights crime and is just trying to do what he thinks is right. So he wouldn't be a bad guy to Superman. Plus, how on earth would he be able to just start blowing up all of Bruce Waynes shit without drawing lots of attention to himself and Bruce Wayne? You don't think anybody would have questions? Like...Why did Superman blow up that guys house? Is Superman evil? I mean...he just ruined that guys life for no apparant reason... Why did Batman stop showing up after all of Bruce Waynes shit got blown up? 

A conflict between Superman and Batman isn't that hard to grasp. For all we know Superman could just be trying to convince Batman that he isn't his enemy, which Aflred actually hints at in the new trailer. So killing him, or blowing up his shit would be pretty counter-productive.

Edit: I agree, this is a bunch of fun haha

Double edit: Though I doubt this is the way the movie will go, it's also possible that the kryptonite was created when the world engine was trying to turn the earth into krypton.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

That looked DOPE!! I wonder what Wonder woman's role is in this move

Normchacho said:
mornelithe said:

1. Then Superman's reactions should be commensurate to Batman's, ala Zod/Superman.  Except Superman would just have to flick him across the room.

2. It doesn't matter if he's aware that Kryptonite exists, it matters that he knows that there is a connection between his powers and Krypton.  It's as much of a guess to assume he doesn't know anything about Kryptonite, as it is to assume he does.  It'd also be interesting to know where Krypton was, and if it's even possible for fragments of Kryptons explosion to even reach Earth w/in Superman's lifetime.

3. Yeah, but in that regard, Batman's a bad guy.  Superman's dealings with bad people versus good people are quite different.  And it's not like Superman would know nothing about Batman.  He'd know about the tools and the gadgets, and a smart tactician would expect a scientific slant.  So, don't let him get anywhere near you, and incapacitate from a distance.  And if Superman does know who Batman is, getting rid of Wayne manor, and Wayne Tower, and thusly, Wayne's toybox, wouldn't take much effort.

1. Supermans reactions would have to match up with how much of a threat Batman poses to him. Which, up until the kryptonite suit, would be pretty much none. So, Superman vs. Batman in kryptonite suit battle takes place since this is the first time Superman realizes that Batman is a real threat.

2. How can he be careful to avoid something he doesn't even know exsists? It's also much more likely that he doesn't know about kryptonite. How would he find out about it? How would he know it's in Batmans suit before getting close enough to feel it? The last part of your #2 is a huge nit-pick. He's an alien that came from another planet who can fly and shoot lasers. You have to give the story SOME scientific leeway.

3. You said it yourself, Superman knows who Batman is and what he does. He knows Batman fights crime and is just trying to do what he thinks is right. So he wouldn't be a bad guy to Superman. Plus, how on earth would he be able to just start blowing up all of Bruce Waynes shit without drawing lots of attention to himself and Bruce Wayne? You don't think anybody would have questions? Like...Why did Superman blow up that guys house? Is Superman evil? I mean...he just ruined that guys life for no apparant reason... Why did Batman stop showing up after all of Bruce Waynes shit got blown up? 

A conflict between Superman and Batman isn't that hard to grasp. For all we know Superman could just be trying to convince Batman that he isn't his enemy, which Aflred actually hints at in the new trailer. So killing him, or blowing up his shit would be pretty counter-productive.

Edit: I agree, this is a bunch of fun haha

Double edit: Though I doubt this is the way the movie will go, it's also possible that the kryptonite was created when the world engine was trying to turn the earth into krypton.

1. True, but a smart first  move would be to destroy everything Batman owns.  Which given hyper sensitive hearing, shouldn't pose a challenge.

2. That's the thing, wouldn't it be reasonable to suggest that Superman would assume anything from Krypton could effect his powers, since he already has felt such effects just by the atmospheric change?  As such, step 1 takes care of that problem.  And he doesn't even need to touch Batman.  As far as Superman answering questions, like he did with the General, he can just say he's their ally, but on his own terms.  Bruce Wayne crossed a line and had to be taught his place lol.  As far as the nitpick, it's not really a nitpick.  We can allow that the Kryptonians had faster than light travel, but the fastest recorded object in space (that I could find) is a cluster of galaxies hurtled our direction by a giant black hole (traveling roughly 300km/s).  That's what, 1000th the speed of light?  Maybe it's just me, but if the science denies the possibility of fragments of krypton reaching Earth w/in Superman's lifetime, that presents an insurmountable hill for me.

3. Then I'm not sure I'd be all that interested in this movie either, what, is Superman going to spend every single goddamn movie trying to prove his innocence/sincerity to people?  I'm already tired of that freakin plot.  Come up with something else lol.

Your Double Edit is a good one though, and yeah, that would solve the whole distance problem quite well.  Will be interesting to see how that works out.

trailer is a cluster fuck, to much shit going on.

Hope this is a trailer for the nerds, a better one will be later released.

animegaming said:

also leaked Suicide Squad trailer

https://vid.me/NHC9

If you could see my arms right now. Goosebumps!

Around the Network

Batman is in the right here. We can't have superhumans who can level the planet be allowed to roam freely, especially one that has caused so much damage and killed so many people.

d21lewis said:
animegaming said:

also leaked Suicide Squad trailer

https://vid.me/NHC9

If you could see my arms right now. Goosebumps!

I think you're watching the wrong trailer, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cn716jv61s

=P

@mornelithe 

Do you really know anything about Superman? Thered a reason why he wouldn't beat Batman in this story line. Just read the actual comic story. Out Bruce as the Batman? Than Batman could out him as Clarke. It's pointless. This so called plot hole isn't any worse than anything in Avenger movies lol

Preston Scott

Lawlight said:
Batman is in the right here. We can't have superhumans who can level the planet be allowed to roam freely, especially one that has caused so much damage and killed so many people.

I see it completely opposite as Batman is in the wrong.  I just see Batman as some jealous snob.  Superman did what he could to save the world and if he didn't the world would've been destroyed by Zod.  If the event of Man of Steel happened in real life, how could anybody be mad at the superhuman that saved the world of an alien invasion?  Better to lose some casualties than to be extinct.  Because of this Superman deserves to be able to roam free as he pleases.  

- Not feeling Lex Luthor
- Jeremy Irons is too cool to be Alfred
- Batman looks like a juiced up junky in his costume

Everything about this just screams YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG HOW DO I CONTAIN THE HYPE?? I WONT MAKE IT TO RELEASE IF I DONT FIND HELP SOON!!