By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran turismo 6 looks very dated even by ps3 standards.

What do you think?

It looks sub par 72 48.32%

One of ps3's best looking games 77 51.68%

Total:149
ethomaz said:

AnthonyW86 said:

The question will be how long will it take? At the end of this year we will have two Forza games(three if you kind Horizon) on Xbox One but a new GT game hasn't even been announced yet. It took 4 years after launch for GT5 to release, i think the next GT game will match or even surpass that. So 2017? 2018? Even later maybe?

It is confirmed to be out before 2017.

Before 2017 or before the end of 2017?

Around the Network

Gran turismo 6 runs in 1080p 60fps

AnthonyW86 said:

Before 2017 or before the end of 2017?

Kaz has asked if the game will be released in 2017 and he replied with no, it will come before 2017.

Mostly like holidays 2016.

walsufnir said:
Normchacho said:

A couple of things here.

2. Racing game enviornments almost always look bad, do we need to take another look at the crowds from FM5?

GT6:

Driveclub:

Which looks better? 2d or 3d crowd?

GT6 runs at 1080p60fps. There are not many PS3 games which run at that resolution, and in fact most PS3 games run at 720p30fps. So by that standard GT6 looks incredible. Btw Forza 5 suffers from a similar problem as you stated though to a less extent.

Around the Network

In that pic with the guy with the red shirt and the other gentlemen in the yellow. It looks like the guy in red is about to pull down the pants of the guy in yellow. Hehehe

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

braiks said:
GT6 runs on 1080i on 60fps...on PS3. It looks as good as it possibly can.

GT4 ran at 1080i lol 

I haven't played GT6 OR Forza, so I'm not taking sides. But yeah haha

Gran Turismo has never been about graphics. Sure, the environments look like shit, but who cares? You're speeding through them if you play the game right.

Apart from some exceptions, racing games never really look impressive, Gran Turismo especially. That game is all about driving and car tweaking.

Alkibiádēs said:
ethomaz said:

GT6 on PS3 looks sometimes better and more realistic than Forza 5 on Xbone... so I don't know what you talking about.

Your picture is from some GT4 imported track... show a pic from the new tracks for GT5/GT6.

That's a rather poor excuse. Thank god Nintendo doesn't have tracks looking like GBA games in Mario Kart 8. If only SSBU was like Mario Kart 8 in that regard.

Too bad none of them look as good as even GT4 or are really technicall achievements right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chrizum said:
Gran Turismo has never been about graphics. Sure, the environments look like shit, but who cares? You're speeding through them if you play the game right.

Apart from some exceptions, racing games never really look impressive, Gran Turismo especially. That game is all about driving and car tweaking.

At bolded. It's the total opposite.

OT GT6 looks amazing for a PS3 game and has dynamic weather/lighting. But I also agree that some track/cars that haven't been upgraded properly over time can look rough. It's these rough tracks that is being used against it without being put in to context.