By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran turismo 6 looks very dated even by ps3 standards.

What do you think?

It looks sub par 72 48.32%

One of ps3's best looking games 77 51.68%

Total:149
DonFerrari said:
Alkibiádēs said:
ethomaz said:

GT6 on PS3 looks sometimes better and more realistic than Forza 5 on Xbone... so I don't know what you talking about.

Your picture is from some GT4 imported track... show a pic from the new tracks for GT5/GT6.

That's a rather poor excuse. Thank god Nintendo doesn't have tracks looking like GBA games in Mario Kart 8. If only SSBU was like Mario Kart 8 in that regard.

Too bad none of them look as good as even GT4 or are really technicall achievements right?

GT4 doesn't look good.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Gran Turismo has never been about graphics. Sure, the environments look like shit, but who cares? You're speeding through them if you play the game right.

Apart from some exceptions, racing games never really look impressive, Gran Turismo especially. That game is all about driving and car tweaking.

Racers focus for a pretty big deal on graphics especially Driveclub which is still the best looking PS4 game to me

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Alkibiádēs said:
DonFerrari said:
Alkibiádēs said:

That's a rather poor excuse. Thank god Nintendo doesn't have tracks looking like GBA games in Mario Kart 8. If only SSBU was like Mario Kart 8 in that regard.

Too bad none of them look as good as even GT4 or are really technicall achievements right?

GT4 doesn't look good.

If you say so... probably I played with a different pair of eyes.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

That's what happens when you're so focused on squeezing as many cars and tracks in as possible that you're willing to rehash assets from previous generations.

GT needs a complete rehaul and rebuild from the ground up. But they'll continue just tweaking small things and adding a small amount of real new content while including hundreds and hundreds of rehash cars.

LudicrousSpeed said:
That's what happens when you're so focused on squeezing as many cars and tracks in as possible that you're willing to rehash assets from previous generations.

GT needs a complete rehaul and rebuild from the ground up. But they'll continue just tweaking small things and adding a small amount of real new content while including hundreds and hundreds of rehash cars.

It already have over 600 premium cars... no other racing franchise has that much.

BTW the premium cars have over PS4 game assets... like they are made for PS5 or so... PD don't want to make the same mistake so the assets are being made ahead it time now.

Around the Network

Of you believe GT6 has any sort of PS4 or LOL PS5 quality assets in it then you'll literally believe anything Polyphony tells you.

And even if that were true, which it isnt, it's still a shitty way of developing games, and GT has suffered for it. Instead of trying to cram as many components in as possible and future proof parts of the game for better optimization, they need to just build a game designed solely for the console it is releasing on.

When I was playing GT5 or 6, I didn't care about how quickly assets could be ported into PS4 or PS5 or how quickly that would allow them to release future games. I wanted titles right then worthy of the GT name (which used to be my favorite game franchise) and instead got an inconsistent and dated mess that in many aspects literally looked and played like a PS2 game.

If you really think there are PS5 quality aspects inside a PS3 GT game then you have incredibly low standards for the franchise.

I'm amazed by GT6 myself. It has a huge amount of content and the graphics at times are amazing. I can see people's point that not all cars, tracks are as detailed as others but personally I'd rather have the extra content rather than a cut down package that only has pretty cars and tracks. What annoyed me about the game was the lengthly install time, just seemed to go on forever but when it was done I'd had no complaints about the value of the game.

I do have Forza games as well but prefer Gran Turismo generally. Looking forward to Gran Turismo on ps4 at some point.

Have to somewhat agree, also a lot of the standard cars are just downright ugly only a few of them got upgraded from their GT5 counterparts.

The ugliest thing in that picture is actually the car since its one of the worst looking standard cars.  Also since there is no such thing as standard and premium cars that car looks better in all the Forza games it appears.

Ruler said:
walsufnir said:

GT6:

Driveclub:

Which looks better? 2d or 3d crowd?

Well racing games aren't the only games with terrible looking crowds most sports games have terrible looking crowds.