By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Main reason you own a PS console 1st or 3rd party Exclusives?

Main reason you own a PS console 1st or 3rd party Exclusives?

1st Party Exclusives 155 62.50%

3rd Party Exclusives 93 37.50%

Total:248
hatmoza said:
Cloudman said:
RPGs are the reason I get PS consoles, aside from DDR being the reason for PS2, haha...

That awkward moment when someone else on VGC owns a PS2 just for DDR...

o:

wait... You too..? O:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
hatmoza said:

o:

wait... You too..? O:

yep. Owner since 2008

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

For me, it's definitely first party games that made me want a PS3/4.
The previous Playstation consoles was more for 3rd party exclusives as there were many more of them.

My main reason for PS home consoles: 1st party exclusives::: Naughty Dog (Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, The Last of Us), Santa Monica Studios (God of War), Sucker Punch (Sly Cooper, inFamous), Guerilla Games (Killzone, Heavenly Sword), Polyphony (Gran Turismo), Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway Unfolded)

3rd party exclusives get rarer and rarer anyway... most 3rd party games get a PC version (sooner or later), which I prefer

My main reason for PS handhelds: 3rd party games (doesn't matter if they are exclusive or not)::: Ready at Dawn (Daxter, GoW-spinoffs), Burnout Legends, Crisis Core, Persona 3 + 4, GTA Liberty/Vice City Stories, MGS 2+3HD + Peace Walker, Rayman Origins/Legends, Danganronpa 1 + 2, Final Fantasy X, Grim Fandango Remastered, Child of Light, Virtue's Last Reward, Steins;Gate, Guacamelee, Ys, Atelier...

I buy them for the third-party exclusives. It's when I get introduced to good first-party exclusives when I'm glad of having bought a Sony console.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Cloudman said:
hatmoza said:

o:

wait... You too..? O:

yep. Owner since 2008

Wow, I definitely never thought I would meet someone with the same reason to own a PS2 as me. Now I def want to know which ones were your favs, as well as your fav songs x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
hatmoza said:

yep. Owner since 2008

Wow, I definitely never thought I would meet someone with the same reason to own a PS2 as me. Now I def want to know which ones were your favs, as well as your fav songs x )

I own every PS2 Arcade DDR (save the kid/disney versions). But my favorite is DDR X. It has the best workout mode in my opinion.  I enjoy Supernova 1 and 2 as well. As for songs, I would have to go through the lists.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Cloudman said:
hatmoza said:

yep. Owner since 2008

I own every PS2 Arcade DDR (save the kid/disney versions). But my favorite is DDR X. It has the best workout mode in my opinion.  I enjoy Supernova 1 and 2 as well. As for songs, I would have to go through the lists.

That's interesting x ) My favs are the older ones actually. I started on Max and then get Max 2 when I got a PS2. I got Extreme and some of the later ones, but the first 2 remain my favorites...

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
hatmoza said:

That's interesting x ) My favs are the older ones actually. I started on Max and then get Max 2 when I got a PS2. I got Extreme and some of the later ones, but the first 2 remain my favorites...

I enjoy them all, but I prefer long DDR sessions with no navigation interuptions... and the older oners were not designed for that. With the later versions I can customize long sessions to my liking without killing my momentum.

hatmoza said:
Cloudman said:
hatmoza said:

I enjoy them all, but I prefer long DDR sessions with no navigation interuptions... and the older oners were not designed for that. With the later versions I can customize long sessions to my liking without killing my momentum.

I see. I get cha. : ) I would love to chat more about DDR, though maybe here wouldn't be a good place to do it... TwT

Dance my pretties!