By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Main reason you own a PS console 1st or 3rd party Exclusives?

Main reason you own a PS console 1st or 3rd party Exclusives?

1st Party Exclusives 155 62.50%

3rd Party Exclusives 93 37.50%

Total:248
WoodenPints said:
Areal-Llort said:
I used to love Sony until Crash Bandicoot, Parappa, Twisted Metal, and Spyro weren't a thing anymore.

Blockturn, and kick it.

Duck, duck, turn!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Sony's first party games normally dont interest me. Only reason why I bought a PS4 was for Persona 5, Tales of Zestiria and Dragon Quest Heroes

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

I would have say it is a combination of both, but I do far prefer Sony first party games over ones from Microsoft.

Both. But since I am a Final Fantasy fanboy (and proud of it!!) PlayStation for me is the best place to go. Third party exclusives then.

That japanese games support.

Around the Network
ednice said:
That japanese games support.

60/40 in favor of 1st party at moment but it seems the mroe vocal repliers got their PS console for that reason.

First party all day.

When I look at my gaming collection it is very Sony studios heavy.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Veknoid_Outcast said:

In order of desirability, for me at least, it's:

1) Third-party exclusives - this is the bread and butter of the Sony ecosystem, dating back to PS1. The number one reason to buy a PS system is third-party exclusives. This includes games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto III, Metal Gear Solid 3, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, etc.

2) Third-party multiplats - this is especially true of the PS4, which is basically the 8th gen equivalent of Xbox 360. Third-party multiplats generally play and perform better on PS4. 

3) First-party exclusives -- Sony's first-party portfolio is a mixed bag. Some games - God of War, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Infamous, Uncharted 2 - are great. Others not so much. Right now, its first-party output sits somewhere between Nintendo in first and Microsoft in third.

GTA III was just a timed exclusive. And I would argue that GT and MotorStorm series are on the same level as the first-party exclusives you mentioned and better than the majority of third-party exclusives.

First-party games. With PS1 it was mostly third-party exclusives. With PS2 however, that changed and even moreso with PS3. PS4 is hard to judge yet but for the timeframe since its release the first-party exclusives have been great, especially since I'm now a PC gamer so third-party multiplats are a non-reason for me.

Cloudman said:
RPGs are the reason I get PS consoles, aside from DDR being the reason for PS2, haha...

That awkward moment when someone else on VGC owns a PS2 just for DDR...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson