By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Main reason you own a PS console 1st or 3rd party Exclusives?

Main reason you own a PS console 1st or 3rd party Exclusives?

1st Party Exclusives 155 62.50%

3rd Party Exclusives 93 37.50%

Total:248
tiff3110 said:
I bought my ps1 because it was basically the only product to play videogames. PS2 because I wanted an upgrade and the playstation brand.

I got my PS4 because of The Last of Us so I guess 1st party exclusives if I have to choose.

It's a great game to grab the console for and was probably the only real 1st party Sony game iv'e truely enjoyed in recent memory.

Around the Network

I used to love Sony consoles until Crash Bandicoot, Parappa, Twisted Metal, and Spyro weren't a thing anymore.

Areal-Llort said:
I used to love Sony until Crash Bandicoot, Parappa, Twisted Metal, and Spyro weren't a thing anymore.

Are you implying they are Sony's thing?

Areal-Llort said:
I used to love Sony until Crash Bandicoot, Parappa, Twisted Metal, and Spyro weren't a thing anymore.

Blockturn, and kick it.

The only games I play on PS consoles are JRPGs, so third party for me. I've little to no interest in Sony's first party games, it will take a new Wild Arms and a new Arc the Lad for that to change.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
tiff3110 said:
I bought my ps1 because it was basically the only product to play videogames. PS2 because I wanted an upgrade and the playstation brand.

I got my PS4 because of The Last of Us so I guess 1st party exclusives if I have to choose.

It's a great game to grab the console for and was probably the only real 1st party Sony game iv'e truely enjoyed in recent memory

Totally agree, I bought into the hype to the point I almost bought a ps3 but 1) the ps3 was/is expensive in my country and 2) I figured I would wait for the next gen ps console.

The last sony 1st party exclusive I enjoyed as much was God of War.

1st party until I disccovered all these awesome 3rd party JRPGs.

1st party I like Killzone, Infamous and Driveclub. I will love Uncharted, R&C, TLG and Horizon, best game on ps is a third party exclusive. Bloodborne

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Honestly... both.

Looking back, my PS1 library was slanted towards 3rd party games - Final Fantasy; Metal Gear Solid; Ridge Racer; Tekken. Many of the games were exclusive, but ther ewere a few multi-plats in there too - your Resident Evil's etc.

But surprisingly, a large amount of my PS1 library was Sony published, which at the time I considered first party since they didn't have much of a first party. Actual internally-developed games like Ape Escape or WipEout mixed in with Crash Bandicoot; Spyro; Syphon Filter etc.

This carried on to PS2 - some of the same third parties (Metal Gear Solid; Final Fantasy); some new ones (Timesplitters; SSX) and some of the same first parties (Ape Escape; WipEout) with some new ones (Ratchet & Clank; Jak & Daxter).

Since then, the industry has morphed and I haven't enjoyed the same third party stuff as much. Stuff like MGS and FF still exists and I still buy it, but games like Timsplitters and Ridge Racer have pretty much died out. All the niche third party stuff I loved on PS1 & 2 - Terracon; Gregory Horror Show etc., is long gone. It's rare that a game comes out of nowhere and surprises me like things on PS1 & 2 did.

My tastes are third-party Japanese now (your NIS; XSEED; Atlus games etc.) with a splattering of Sony stuff in there too (I still buy Ratchet; InFAMOUS etc.) And occasionally some European-published third-party stuff like Tropico or Dead Island - don't even ask me why European, but they just seem to still make games that excite me whereas USA largely seems to be still chasing the shootbang crowd.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Both is the answer, I couldn't really pick.

I bought a PS4 because of Last of Us, Uncharted, In infamous (3rd?), and Beyond Two Souls. I love games that have an amazing story, which Playstation teens to have the beSt of imo. I love their first party.....but isn't an exclusive an exclusive either way. Never noticed and differnce tbh between 1st party and 3rd party,...before I joined here I disn't even know Sonys first party outside of Naughty Dog.
They're just something for everyone, not primary shooters and racers.

Preston Scott