By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you buy a more expensive PS4 with BC and a Cell CPU?

Would you buy such a PS4 Cell model?

yes, i would switch from ... 118 27.19%

yes, i would choose this one now 68 15.67%

no, i would choose the normal PS4 209 48.16%

no, i dont like the PS4 at all currently 39 8.99%

Total:434

I wouldn't mind paying the extra $100 or so if I had to, so why not?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

If digital games are included, yes. If not, I don't care.

no, psnow is the right strategy

mM

I have a PS3. Why would I pay extra for BC on PS4?

Even if you didn't own a PS3 last gen, why in the world would you buy a PS4 at an increased priced to play old PS3 games?

You ask Sony "why does the PS4 cost so much?" and they respond with "so you can play PS3 games"....well, you don't by a next gen console to play last gen games, so a feature like that shouldn't be a factor in the price. And obviously you didn't care to play PS3 games if over the almost decade the PS3 has been out, you didn't get one.

People are seriously overblowing BC.

I would if I didn't already have a PS4.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

Yes assuming it could play digital and disc based games,since I haven't upgraded to a ps4 yet. if it could play ps 1 and 2 classics as well that would be great.

my only interest to play ps3 games on ps4 is the dvr and streaming, but for that price difference i can buy a capture card. it would be cool, but BC was never a issue to me. my ps3 super slim (my beautiful fat die :'( RIP) still works like a charm. DS4 is better than DS3, that is another thing i can give you... If the price dif was smaller...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

no, i have a PS3.

If this was out when I got my PS4 I would have definitely bought it, but i wouldn't pay extra for another ps4 if this was released later.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Definitely, it'll clear up space in my living room too.