By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kids rate - Zelda

The modern zelda's topped their rankings. i can see why

Good job on breeding the next generation of zelda fans!

Around the Network

In Soviet Russia, Zelda rates kids... and I hope she gets arrested for it.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Cool. The funny thing is that it again shows that everyone has different preferences with this series. Everyone likes different things about it and ranks games differently and that's fine .

Great that you could get the kids into Zelda. I tried that with my younger neice a couple years ago, with the DS games because she has a DS and those are pretty accessible to children. She really liked it, getting half-way through Spirit Tracks by herself, but sadly mobile games got to her. It's a lost cause, I'm sorry I failed you guys and real gaming .

Anyway, of the 3D games, my top 5:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Twilight Princess
3. Majora's Mask
4. Skyward Sword
5. Wind Waker

Of everything:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Link's Awakening
3. Twilight Princess
4. Majora's Mask
5. A Link to the Past

vivster said:
Do you feel that you failed parenting because A Link To The Past isn't there?

Well, they ranked only 3D Zeldas...they've played ALttP, they like it (specially since that's easier to play for them than 3D Zeldas), but they prefer 3D Zeldas. Maybe if there was Zelda II Reimaging that looks like Trine they would change their mind, since they love those games.

Cream147 said:
My (10 year old) brother has struggled to get into any Zelda except for Ocarina of Time 3D, which he not only got into but has beat multiple times. I think the primary reason for this though is that it's on a portable console. He doesn't have the attention span to sit in front of a TV for enough time to beat a Zelda game I don't think.

Yeah, one of the reasons I've got my kids into PC/console games from early on is to avoid them going into mobile - they still play around on tablets, but are well aware that those games are, in most cases, inferior to 'proper' games.

As for Zelda, I've noticed that they really liked hands on approach of SS controls - they love Swordplay in Wii Sports Resort, and SS was more of the familiar, both in setting and gameplay. Maybe try getting him into that?

mZuzek said:

Anyway, nice to see some evidence that Ocarina of Time is overrated by nostalgia. I always said it didn't hold up well and it shows with your kids. The game was a revolution for its time, but it's just not the same today.

Well, to be fair, I think that might have somewhat to do with outdated graphics - when they were younger they used to call it 'blocky Link', so maybe they'll change their mind once they play 3DS version. Though, honestly, OoT doesn't hold up so well against more recent ones in lot of other aspects.

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Skyward Sword
3. Majora's Mask
4. Twilight Princess
5. The Wind Waker

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

As far as 3D games go:
1. The Wind Waker
2. Majora's Mask
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Twilight Princess
5. Skyward Sword (If it was the entire franchise this one wouldn't make it to the top 10)

Folks, while I appreciate everyone's input on favorite Zeldas, I'm hoping you've read OP before posting rankings - I'm specifically interested in how your kids and/or young siblings/niblings rank 3D Zeldas. Thanks for understanding.

It's so difficult for me to rank them, it can change on any given day. Today's would be....

1) Wind Waker
2) Ocarina of Time
3) Skyward Sword
4) Twilight Princess
5) Majora's Mask

I freaking love Majora's Mask, that was cruel to make me rank it so low :(

HoloDust said:
Folks, while I appreciate everyone's input on favorite Zeldas, I'm hoping you've read OP before posting rankings - I'm specifically interested in how your kids and/or young siblings/niblings rank 3D Zeldas. Thanks for understanding.

Well I have an older brother so that makes me the younger sibling so my input counts XD.

ARamdomGamer said:
HoloDust said:

Well I have an older brother so that makes me the younger sibling so my input counts XD.

Haha, ok.

I knew when I was making this thread that sample from this forum would be quite small, given how small VGChartz is, but was hoping for a bit more data given the amount of Nintendo fans around here - I was mostly interested to see how young kids experience Zeldas, and if there is any patterns.