By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kids rate - Zelda

KLAMarine said:
97alexk said:
KLAMarine said:

SS over WW? Whaaaa-!?

Haha well, i do love all zelda games and the 3D zelda games are almost equally good, but i enjoyed skyward sword way more because i dont see much flaws in it, not in windwaker either, its just i like the envoirments more in skyward sword

Wind Waker didn't have too much water for you did it?

lol nah that was not the problem xD

Around the Network

Ocarina of Time would be my favorite if there was an HD remake 100% from the ground-up with new additions like the Hidden Skills and better stealth mechanics for the Gerudo Fortress.

But that will probably never happen, so Skyward Sword is my favorite.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

I can tell you what mine were when I was 10.

1. Windwaker
2. Ocarina of time
3. A Link to the Past

I hadn't played any others back then. XD

From what I've played, MM is the least worst.

I'm now filled with determination.

My brother said ocarina of time is his favorite game and is taking a break from majoras mask. He's not too interested in starting the other zelda games yet, but I will try to convince him to continue on to wind waker HD

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
You should have started with the 2D ones!

They've played A Link to the Past and Minish Cap, and younger one played Zelda II a bit - they like them, but not as much as 3D ones.

ARamdomGamer said:
Wind Waker is number 1? good, that kid has my approval.
I guess they liked Skyward for being pretty linear and easy and Majora's time mechanics must have been somewhat frustating for them.

Yeah, MM time mechanics pretty much killed it for them. As for SS, I was bit surprised about no.1 ranking from older one, he simply loved TP (and is really dissapointed that Zelda U won't be like Zelda U tech demo), but, in the end, SS seems to hit lot of the right spots with young generation of Zelda fans.

mZuzek said:
Esiar said:
Ocarina of Time would be my favorite if there was an HD remake 100% from the ground-up with new additions like the Hidden Skills and better stealth mechanics for the Gerudo Fortress.

Take away the HD part and there was, it was called Twilight Princess.

Anyway, nice to see some evidence that Ocarina of Time is overrated by nostalgia. I always said it didn't hold up well and it shows with your kids. The game was a revolution for its time, but it's just not the same today. Personally, my 3D Zelda rating goes like this:

1 - Skyward Sword
2 - Majora's Mask
3 - The Wind Waker
4 - Twilight Princess
5 - Ocarina of Time

Personally Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time are completely different for me. It feels nothing like an Ocarina of Time 2.0, more like a re-imagining of it.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Do you feel that you failed parenting because A Link To The Past isn't there?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

My (10 year old) brother has struggled to get into any Zelda except for Ocarina of Time 3D, which he not only got into but has beat multiple times. I think the primary reason for this though is that it's on a portable console. He doesn't have the attention span to sit in front of a TV for enough time to beat a Zelda game I don't think. Therefore I guess next up is to let him play Majora's Mask 3D!

My personal rankings for the 3D games are:
1) Skyward Sword
2) Twilight Princess
3) Ocarina of Time
4) Majora's Mask
5) Wind Waker

Skyward Sword > Wind Waker > Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time

Haven't touched the others.