By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you interested in Mario Maker?

I am very interested in Mario Maker. However, as much as I want that game, I won't buy a WiiU only for that single game.

Around the Network

Are you interested in Mario Maker?
nope.

Show me some great levels that people have made with the Flash editor and then I'll give it a look. Not to mention the one hundred built in levels?

If you want to break Mario down and call it just a 2D side scroller, you are completely missing the point of why the game consistently sells so well. Tight gameplay and level design that is rarely matched.

So I'm buying it for that and to see what the incredibly creative Miiverse community can do.

Of course.

Also, comparing a flash game with a polished and versatile Nintendo-developed level creator? Really?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Yes.

Around the Network

Of course.

You can play as the Wii Fit Trainer and Isabelle, you can't beat that.

Also:

JNK said:

So in the past i heard alot people saying they are interested in mario maker.

I cant really understand that. 

There are dozens of free mario level editors already available for pc.

Just check this: http://www.gamesbasis.com/super-mario-flash.html

A flash based mario game including a complete editor. I just need 5-10 minutes to get used to the editor and got a pretty good level.

In my Opinion its ridicoulus that nintendo will selling such a title probl at full price (40-60$). Even a flash game can do it (probl made my one person as a hobby).

That flash game looks like an awesome programming project, but it looks nowhere like a full retail release.

Mario maker does a lot that cant be done through flash games, including controller support, online sharing, many prebuilt levels, different game designs to make levels with, and quite frankly, more power and better presentation than a flash game (while also knowing that you're level wont be shut down by cease and desist by Nintendo).

Many people dream of becoming a game designer, and for those who are not interested in programming or studying game design, this may be a great way to let out creative passions while sharing it with others.

This excitement isn't reserved for mario only, Minecraft and little big planet do a fantastic job at providing awesome tools to create epic things.

I think its more the fact that you can share levels, play through crazy levels without mods or hacks, use a tablet to design or play the old classics that give this game a huge distinction from flash games. I need to see how big the tools are in this game, but so far it seems that $40 is a good minimum price. Depending on the tools, $60 also would be reasonable.

I'm not.

I'm interested in SMM. I've seen SMBX (a PC based Mario editor) which has that long video of Mario with auto-run, and great background music.

it isn't a day 1 buy for me due to XCX but lets see, i maybe have some spare cash for it by then. who knows. :)

Yes im very hyped and excited for this game. There are like endless possibilities