By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shocked about Piracy?

no, I'm not shocked about piracy as a whole, there has always been and always will. Every console in the recent history has been cracked... except one.

That's why I'm shocked is that PS3 is YET to be cracked. Considering how easily hackers like Dark_Alex can crack a PSP firmware, and yet the newest Sony console release is yet to be defeated.

Do you think that Sony finally learned their lesson from PSP and got it right this time?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

yes. ittl be very hard to crack da ps3's firmware.

its too bad though. buying burnt games makes games a lot cheaper, as it was for many people including me for the ps2.

It'll be cracked eventually, that's for sure.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

I believe they have got to the reading disc stage but still can't play the game. I am a little suprised it hasn't happened yet.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Would it be a bad thing if it was never cracked?

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Would it be a bad thing if it was never cracked?

nope, Homebrew is still happening with PS3's ability to install Linux system. There's really no reason why it NEEDS to be cracked at all.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it will probably, but let's hope it stays this way as long as it can.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:

no, I'm not shocked about piracy as a whole, there has always been and always will. Every console in the recent history has been cracked... except one.

That's why I'm shocked is that PS3 is YET to be cracked. Considering how easily hackers like Dark_Alex can crack a PSP firmware, and yet the newest Sony console release is yet to be defeated.

Do you think that Sony finally learned their lesson from PSP and got it right this time?

Nope, Sony learned their lesson from the PSOne + PS2 era, but in that time it wasn't a big deal because they were making money with each sale, now with the PS3 looks like they didn't wanted to took any risk (Because the plan was  sold with loss and recover the money with each game sold)...

Well that makes sense at least for me...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

PS3 Cracked .

BR DVD's cost too much
Writers Cost too much
Hardly any PC's/Laptops with BR Drives
Blu Ray games constantly increasing in size
PS3 not being cracked gives sony more time to better protection

Piracy on the ps3 would be more costly than the alternative (at least for now).Perfect situation for any business.

Million said:
PS3 Cracked .

BR DVD's cost too much
Writers Cost too much
Hardly any PC's/Laptops with BR Drives
Blu Ray games constantly increasing in size
PS3 not being cracked gives sony more time to better protection

Piracy on the ps3 would be more costly than the alternative (at least for now).Perfect situation for any business.

hmm, if it's cracked, then they'd be able to store it on your PS3 harddrive via download, hence cutting off the middleman (Blu-Ray).

As much as I agree with some of your reasonings, I don't think BR is what's holding the pirates back 

selnor
Episode 2:

did Sony really make it that had to crack this time? gosh......i guess the PSP taught them a lesson

kinda off-topic but hasn't the wii been cracked? how come I don't hear much of that?