By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT 5 Prologue Pre-Orders reach 1 MILLION!!in EU only!!!!

@Arkk

GT eclipses COD 4 in franchise value

we are talking of a 15 Million selling franchise (at its peak), 10 million at its lowest..

GT is absolutely HUGE!...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I wanna keep my eye on this.....whens GT5p European Release date again?

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Retailer preorders I bet... Otherwise Sony would be bragging it up a lot more.

@legend

surely they would brag AFTER it releases with the sales then..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The good news about the PS3 making you cranky Legend? lol

Around the Network

Wow. That is amazing. Releasing this thing in NA just before GTAIV hits should help sway some fence sitters towards the PS3 side as well.

And to those questioning how this game could sell so well when GT4P did not, remember that GT4P was essentially GT3 with a tentative GT4 HUD, and a few other minor changes. GT5P, however, is essentially GT5 without all the cars and tracks, and an incomplete online system.

GT4P was more akin to GTHD, imo, but with multi-car races.

Nice. Sorry for the duplicate thread. Didn't see it in the sony section and forgot to check here.

haha, bullshit.

I know GT is pretty much the biggest game franchise ever in Europe, but that doesn't seem possible in the least.

I doubt even the REAL Gran Tursimo games get that many preorders.

@ OkeyDokey

So you think the SCEE rep was lying ........

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I really doubt this... it must to be pre-sold to retailers. Even so, 1 million preorders to retailers is really good, at least they still have faith in GT sales.

@Outlawauron: More like that Sony rep is twisting words like most other marketing rep on the planet.