Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Games Do You Think Are Money-Grabs?

F2P games, and games filled to the brim with DLC.

Around the Network

F2P, most yearly release games, games broken at launch, remakes that aren't at least one generation old, and DLC centric games.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

BasiltheBatLord said:
Assassin's Creed series. i quickly lost count of how many games are in that series after the second one.

You can't count very high can you? I mean I know some people struggle but 3 isn't too hard ;)

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Both upcomig Animal Crossing games.

FIFA, Madden, etc. They're all the same but minor differences.

daredevil.shark said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Came here to say the exact same thing.

I am curious about it. Forget tlou or halo mcc. How do you feel about ocarina of time or majoras mask?

Money grabs. Of course.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

Free to play games, and games with alot of DLC

ohmylanta1003 said:
daredevil.shark said:

I am curious about it. Forget tlou or halo mcc. How do you feel about ocarina of time or majoras mask?

Money grabs. Of course.

I think Majora's Mask is more than Ocarina of Time. But I do get that feeling that they are not pure money grabs, like they are doing it exclusivlely for the sake of money. Although I think it is a very large factor. But I can't read the mind of Nintendo's higher-ups.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Esiar said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Money grabs. Of course.

I think Majora's Mask is more than Ocarina of Time. But I do get that feeling that they are not pure money grabs, like they are doing it exclusivlely for the sake of money. Although I think it is a very large factor. But I can't read the mind of Nintendo's higher-ups.

Maybe. I don't think that they're the worst thing in the world, but I think remakes/remasters are primarily for money. I do like virtual console games, because it's difficult to get access to those games. But that's the only time that I think this type of thing is okay. But I think they should just rerelease those games, not actually remaster them.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

I really think games targeted towards casuals (Guitar Hero, Rock Band and Just Dance) or a game like Wii Fit is a moneygrabber.

Call of Duty