By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: Sony's ambition is to make the PS4 home of the fighting genre.

Give me mo' fighting games, I love them!

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
That's pretty easy. The PS4 D-Pad is far superior to the Xbox One D-Pad.

THIS JUST IN.

Driving a car is also better than driving a cinder block. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

deskpro2k3 said:
bigtakilla said:

But you gotta consider what are the biggest names in fighting games when you consider something the "home" of them.  PS has gotten Street FIghter exclusive, but the next biggest name in the fighting genre (and gaining popularity) is Smash Bros. 

Hard to consider something the "home" of a genre when it's missing the second biggest name in the genre.

remind me why you're in a sony discussion regarding a sony game and talking about smash bro? oh i get it, damage control.

on topic, i always considered sony the hame of all genre.

I'm in a discussion about the "home" of the fighting games genre.... 

bigtakilla said:
deskpro2k3 said:

remind me why you're in a sony discussion regarding a sony game and talking about smash bro? oh i get it, damage control.

on topic, i always considered sony the hame of all genre.

Oh well in that case, welcome to the home of the fighting games genre discussion.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Bit of topic, but is any one seeing that capcon is now sonys bitch ?

Are they broke or something ?

I can see Monster Hunter being announced for PS4 at TGS.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
bigtakilla said:

Oh well in that case, welcome to the home of the fighting games genre.

Trust me, with Smash, I've been here for a LONG TIME. If you haven't played Smash, then welcome yourself.

Well, they've clearly already done that! But watching them invest more into the genre to further own it will be a lot of fun.

That said, with the way things are going, the PS4 will even be the home of first-person shooters. lol And they've already got RPGs, third-person action, basically the entire Japanese game industry, art house stuff, horror, racing, etc. under their belt. 

While it is the fighting genre that is relevant to Capcom here, I think it's pretty clear that Sony's amibition is to make the PS4 the home of all video gaming, not just the home of particular genres. xD But the fact that they're committing extra resources to growth in certain genres is definitely interesting.

Zackasaurus-rex said:

Well, they've clearly already done that! But watching them invest more into the genre to further own it will be a lot of fun.

That said, with the way things are going, the PS4 will even be the home of first-person shooters. lol And they've already got RPGs, third-person action, basically the entire Japanese game industry, art house stuff, horror, racing, etc. under their belt. 

While it is the fighting genre that is relevant to Capcom here, I think it's pretty clear that Sony's amibition is to make the PS4 the home of all video gaming, not just the home of particular genres. xD But the fact that they're committing extra resources to growth in certain genres is definitely interesting.

Meh.

Best platforming :

Easily Nintendo

Best survival Horror:

Easily Nintendo

Best JRPG:

Easily Monolith Soft (which Bravely by default is Nintendo)... Get it?...

bigtakilla said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:

Meh.

Best platforming :

Easily Nintendo

Best survival Horror:

Easily Nintendo

Best JRPG:

Easily Monolith Soft (which Bravely by default is Nintendo)... Get it...

Platforming: Meh, depends on whether or not you're into Nintendo's flavour of platforming. It's their biggest genre, so if you're into that style, then they'll definitely win for you. But, yeah, I can see that! I definitely buy a few of their platformers. c:

Survival Horror: LOL

JRPGs: LOLOL

Zackasaurus-rex said:
bigtakilla said:

Meh.

Best platforming :

Easily Nintendo

Best survival Horror:

Easily Nintendo

Best JRPG:

Easily Monolith Soft (which Bravely by default is Nintendo)... Get it...

Platforming: Meh, depends on whether or not you're into Nintendo's flavour of platforming. It's their biggest genre, so if you're into that style, then they'll definitely win for you. But, yeah, I can see that! I definitely buy a few of their platformers. c:

Survival Horror: LOL

JRPGs: LOLOL

League Of Legends is that big huh... I know that's what you have to be coming at me with, with the Lols. Otherwise.... I don't get the joke....