Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: Sony's ambition is to make the PS4 home of the fighting genre.

I don't know why some of yall even bother with bigtakilla, you know what he gonna say.



Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
midrange said:


Nintendo has smash, a classic, and ps4 has street fighter, also a classic. Add in mortal kombat, also a classic, and Tekken, another classic, to the ps4 and Sony becomes the clear winner (not counting the other fighting games)

But you gotta consider what are the biggest names in fighting games when you consider something the "home" of them.  PS has gotten Street FIghter exclusive, but the next biggest name in the fighting genre (and gaining popularity) is Smash Bros. 

Hard to consider something the "home" of a genre when it's missing the second biggest name in the genre.


remind me why you're in a sony discussion regarding a sony game and talking about smash bro? oh i get it, damage control.

on topic, i always considered sony the hame of all genre.



deskpro2k3 said:
bigtakilla said:

But you gotta consider what are the biggest names in fighting games when you consider something the "home" of them.  PS has gotten Street FIghter exclusive, but the next biggest name in the fighting genre (and gaining popularity) is Smash Bros. 

Hard to consider something the "home" of a genre when it's missing the second biggest name in the genre.


remind me why you're in a sony discussion regarding a sony game and talking about smash bro? oh i get it, damage control.


Well, shit. I didn't even realize this thread was in sony discussion. I didn't even bother with it. He just wants us to acknowledge smash bros as a great fighter. 



Then I want the next Darkstalkers exclusively on PS4!!!  #DarkstalkersForPS4 #BuildingTheList

 

Also a new Power Stone on PS4

 

Poy Poy 3 on PS4

 

And... PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2



The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

The fighting fanbase, as others have pointed out, is bigger on PlayStation than Xbox. I'm happy with Street Fighter V, and there is also Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear and most likely Tekken on the PS4 also. I want a Virtua Fighter game. Also, the PS4 needs a King of Fighters game.



Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Sony is tryin to make the PS4 the home to everything

except games.



deskpro2k3 said:
bigtakilla said:

But you gotta consider what are the biggest names in fighting games when you consider something the "home" of them.  PS has gotten Street FIghter exclusive, but the next biggest name in the fighting genre (and gaining popularity) is Smash Bros. 

Hard to consider something the "home" of a genre when it's missing the second biggest name in the genre.


remind me why you're in a sony discussion regarding a sony game and talking about smash bro? oh i get it, damage control.

on topic, i always considered sony the hame of all genre.

you are the one doing damage control. smash bros is the biggest fighting franchise and nothing can be the home of fighting genre without it.



heavenharp said:
BraLoD said:
Sony is tryin to make the PS4 the home to everything

except games.


Yeah, isn't like the PS4 has the most amount of games released and sold.

Oh, wait...



Very happy Sony promotoing GGXRD in Japan by inviting player like Daigo and Fab to have team versus so hype for that.



BraLoD said:
heavenharp said:

except games.


Yeah, isn't like the PS4 has the most amount of games released and sold.

Oh, wait...

correct. real games are scarce and far between on ps4. at least ps and ps2 had lots of games but things started to go downhill on ps3.