By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That You Thought Would Be Worse/Better

I went into Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity with pretty high expectations as I hold the sequels in a high regard. While the game wasn't terrible, it definitely left me feeling disappointed.

Around the Network

I thought Borderlands 2 and Skyrim would be good but I ended up not like them.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

SAO: Hollow Fragment - was expecting it to be garbage from people reactions but I find it decent game and enjoying it a lot.

Assassins Creed 4:Black Flag - haven't played Assassins Creed game since Brotherhood in 2010. but bought this one since everyone was talking how great it was but I find it the same boring s**t a*s game as before. Quit it after 7 hours and gave it to my cousin who also quit it and said the game was s**t.

The Megaman Battle Network series. Thought it was be a lot worse and ended up being my favorite game series of all time.

Infamous: Second Son. Thought it would be worse.

The Wonderful 101. Thought it would be better.

Thought Bravely Default would be better, at least storywise

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I thought the box on Dragon Force looked horribly generic. I wouldn't have bought it for myself based on the box art. The game consistently ranks in my top 3 to date.

Wind Waker was way better than I thought.

FF13 was as bad as people said. I wanted to believe in it, but it failed me... : (

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Sonic Lost World --- ended up being terrible

Yoshi's New Island --- terrible sequel

Minecraft --- better at first / then it sucked for a bit / now its meh

Bioshock Infinite --- holy shit this is amazing

Kingdom Hearts --- better than I hoped

I thought Yoshi's New Island would be better, but it was just OK. I actually got the Yoshi 3ds xl and went to the day one release at Nintendo World. Then I started playing the game... At least the 3ds is awesome!

Dark Souls ...

I wasn't interested in it before but now it made me actively avoid any of From Software's JRPGs ...