By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US July monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Amazon Hourly Update:
10) PS4 | Batman Standard Bundle
36) PS4 | Standard
46) PS4 | Last of Us Bundle
54) XB1 | 500 GB Halo MCC
57) XB1 | 1TB Halo MCC
68) PSV | Borderlines Bundle
73) Wii-U | Deluxe Mario Bundle
85) XB1 | Standard

Interesting to see the PSV on the list.

Around the Network
Risthel said:
Wow, only two Xbox One's SKUs in the top 100...and both are lower than the three PS4's SKUs. Microsoft is really doing the wrong strategy by focusing only during the holiday.

Honestly at this point I don't really feel any strategy will help them unless it involves losing a lot of money. They just need to keep doing what they are doing and hope for the best.

Vita @ #57 ;o

I can't believe this is happening, but can the PSV surpass the top Xbox One skew?

I must be high, I see PSV surpassing all Xbox One skews but one in the hourly chart?  Quick take a screenshot.

Protendo said:

I can't believe this is happening, but can the PSV surpass the top Xbox One skew?

I must be high, I see PSV surpassing all Xbox One skews but one in the hourly chart?  Quick take a screenshot.

You're not high friend. 

All Stats S rank

Around the Network

It's likely PS4 was outselling XB one at least 2:1 for a short time on Amazon. It's lucky this is a slow time of year and 2:1 doesn't represent as big of a numerical gap as it would at different times of year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Protendo said:

The Amazon track for the portable console is TERRIBLE.

According to Amazon, that's February:

#11 PS4

#14 XBO

#73 WU

#83 N3DS

NPD sales:

3DS: 395,000

PS4: 342,000

XBO: 276,000

WU: 96,000

Ryng_Tolu said:
Protendo said:

#11 PS4

#14 XBO

#73 WU

#83 N3DS

NPD sales:

Couldn't that be bc children are the primary audience for the 3ds, and children would be more likely to go to a store with their parents to buy a 3ds?

Batman and Splatoon doing really well!

pitzy272 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Protendo said:

#11 PS4

#14 XBO

#73 WU

#83 N3DS

NPD sales:

Couldn't that be bc children are the primary audience for the 3ds, and children would be more likely to go to a store with their parents to buy a 3ds?

It's really very hard to say. But I will say a lot of Nintendo handheld owners are likely veteran fans of Nintendo handhelds.  Or are children of such fans.  These people are likely to go to GameStop or some such possibly.  The child audience I don't feel accounts for it so much because its the parents who would make the purchase anyway.