By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think GC VC will still happen on WiiU?

GC VC on WiiU

It will happen! Soon! 5 12.20%

Too late to really matter 23 56.10%

Not important, let it go 4 9.76%

Someday... 9 21.95%

Total:41

They should wait for next gen, because there are many GCN games that use the analog triggers, and the only Wii U controller that has that is the actual GCN controller, which only works for Smash. I don't think they'll use it for anything other than Smash if they haven't done so in 8 months. If the NX has analog triggers, then sure, then it'll happen next gen for sure.

bet: lost

Around the Network

Nope.

with the lack of games, they should. but we don't know if they really have developers for the GC emulator ready for Wii U. i wish they could and add more N64 games. then Wii U would be the ultimate Nintendo console. ;)

Yeah I do. VC is one of those things that will just work day one on the NX, so starting with the Wii U is advantageous. I have a feeling that's the kind of thing Nintendo means when they say they will support the Wii U and 3DS well into NX development. The VC effectively is part of the NX development.

I don`t think so either. The Wii U is looking to end in a year or two, so it doesn`t seem worth it to try to add GC games to it. Maybe NX will do it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I really don't see it happening but at the same time, I'm still hoping that I'm wrong. Either way, we'll probably end up getting it on NX.

Didn't they let the trademark for the virtual console expire?