By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NBA players buy PS4s at every away game and just and leave it at the hotel

outlawauron said:
amp316 said:
Probably playing NBA Live. Egotistical pricks...

I would be shocked if there's a single NBA player who would choose NBA Live over 2K15.

Westbrook maybe.

Around the Network

don't these guys have groupies or whatever to bring a ps4 for them? i mean, i can't imagine this guy walks into best buy himself to buy a new ps4,.. he has people to do that for him. when not just have those people carry a ps4 from game to game for him.

plip.plop said:
What about that day 1 patch they have to download? everytime?!?

Well at least it explains why 60% of NBA players are broke 5 years after retirement.

I thought "that cannot be right" but I looked into it and it really is staggering how so many athletes who made 10s of millions of dollars are now broke or in debt.  Common threads are foolish spending habits, supporting freinds and family, bad investment decisions, child support, and gambling.  

NobleTeam360 said:
Can I work at one of these hotels? I'll take the PS4's and sell them for a bunch of Xbones.

I don't know about you, but I'd take the PS4s and sell them, and use the money to pay down debt or invest in stocks or other useful things. Maybe one PS4 though. What the hell would you do with MULTIPLE XBOs?

PS4 being the default console for US athletes is telling.

They use to do the same thing for the Xbox 360.

Around the Network

Well is the milwaukee bucks we are talking about and they ain't winning no championship anytime some so It's ok if they want to polish their gaming skills

Augen said:
plip.plop said:
What about that day 1 patch they have to download? everytime?!?

Well at least it explains why 60% of NBA players are broke 5 years after retirement.

I thought "that cannot be right" but I looked into it and it really is staggering how so many athletes who made 10s of millions of dollars are now broke or in debt.  Common threads are foolish spending habits, supporting freinds and family, bad investment decisions, child support, and gambling.  

Yeah the first time I heard that, i thought it was inflated numbers too. But it's actually across alot of sports. Now they have rookies attend symposiums and hear stories from other players that are broke, like a scared straight lecture. It doesnt work because majority of these guys have no real education, and they were constantly treated as they are better than others so they continue to live that lifestlye, right to the last dollar.

so sad

lol meanwhile the Kentucky basketball team were all taking turns playing Smash Bros on a N64.