By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NBA players buy PS4s at every away game and just and leave it at the hotel

torok said:
The Fury said:
More money than sense.

Well, he said that "the guys" do it. If 10 people buy the console, it's just 40 bucks for each one.

Yeah this is what it sounds like to me, 10 guys buy a PS4 and some games where they can play 2-4 players and sit around jokeing and takeing turns.

If that lasts them a day or two, where they can relax a few hours each day playing together.... its not really that bad.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
Better check which hotels these guys usually stay in. ;)

Hotels where the room per night is as expensive as a PS4.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Time to show why I'm the Master of Unlocking and sneak into those Hotel Rooms!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

When you make that kinda money $400 don't matter.
To them, that $400 is like ¢0.50 to you.

nothing strange if comparing this with people who book hookers regularly... 

Around the Network

It would be annoying to unbox a PS4 every time you want to play.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Can't imagine how athletes so often burn through their riches when they develop habits like that :p

MoHasanie said:
It would be annoying to unbox a PS4 every time you want to play.

Surely they just pay somebody to do that too right??

Ka-pi96 said:
Someone should introduce them to Vita instead, that way they could easily take it with them

Please don't tee me up like this.

SamuelRSmith said:

That said, surely they always go to the same hotels? Probably a contract signed between the hotels and NBA. The NBA can just make it a condition to supply PS4s.

Why would it bother though?

Can I work at one of these hotels? I'll take the PS4's and sell them for a bunch of Xbones.