By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Starter Elimination Game V2 - The Winner has been decided!

Yay, Blastoise won!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Nuvendil said:
Congrats to the winner. Funny, despite the different order the top 3 is the same xD

Game 1: Typhlosion 1, Charizard 2, Blastoise 3

Game 2: Blastoise 1, Charizard 2, Typhlosion 3

In fact I think the top four is the same? Not sure. Anyway, congrats.

Top 3 is the same, bulbasaur had 0 support and died in the late teens last time.

Congrats to Blastoise who has helped me realize how broken the type based move is.... My next elim game will use this format and be a Legendary elim game. This shall be a test for V3 once gen 7 launches.

I don't think the type based move is broken, its just there are so many stackable multipliers.  Plus the defense stat thing.  I mean, the type based attack didn't do much to muck with balance last time.  The restrictions to item use also makes recoveries and counters next to impossible.  If a group is beefing of defense they aren't knocking off choice bands or changing the weather or healing or healing statuses.  It's not just about type advantage;  that just gives you 2x.  But 2x+1.5x+2x+additional points for weather or status ailments?  That's absurd offensive brunt and the current rules don't provide any counter or recovery mechanics.

Nuvendil said:
uran10 said:

Top 3 is the same, bulbasaur had 0 support and died in the late teens last time.

Congrats to Blastoise who has helped me realize how broken the type based move is.... My next elim game will use this format and be a Legendary elim game. This shall be a test for V3 once gen 7 launches.

I don't think the type based move is broken, its just there are so many stackable multipliers.  Plus the defense stat thing.  I mean, the type based attack didn't do much to muck with balance last time.  The restrictions to item use also makes recoveries and counters next to impossible.  If a group is beefing of defense they aren't knocking off choice bands or changing the weather or healing or healing statuses.  It's not just about type advantage;  that just gives you 2x.  But 2x+1.5x+2x+additional points for weather or status ailments?  That's absurd offensive brunt and the current rules don't provide any counter or recovery mechanics.

Its not that, I meant if it comes down to 1 v 1 the type advantage will win unless the other guy outnumbers them 2-1 is what I mean by broken. And Its Pokemon, there will be even more stackable multipliers next time around but I'll allow 2 items. An elim game also has to be more offensive that defensive and these games start off more defensive and as the lenght increase discounts turn it more offensive. That's that way I designed this one atleast.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Nuvendil said:
uran10 said:

Its not that, I meant if it comes down to 1 v 1 the type advantage will win unless the other guy outnumbers them 2-1 is what I mean by broken. And Its Pokemon, there will be even more stackable multipliers next time around but I'll allow 2 items. An elim game also has to be more offensive that defensive and these games start off more defensive and as the lenght increase discounts turn it more offensive. That's that way I designed this one atleast.

Hmmm I'll check it out. I just kinda missed the back and fourth that the last one came down to. Sorry if things got a bit tense here. I can be a competitive guy :P

Great Blastoise won, don't be upset charizard fans you still have your favorite pokemon in smash.

Around the Network

Boooo! Lameee! I call a redo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I hate you all. Particularly Ultra.

Bayleef should have won.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Psyduck will always be the true winner for me.

Psyduck master race.

Anyways congrats to Blastoise!

Conegamer said:
I hate you all. Particularly Ultra.

Bayleef should have won.

If it makes you feel better I would have been down with Bayleef making the top 3.  I liked Bayleef; she (I always think of Bayleef as a she :P ) was my second starter ever after Typhlosion.  Bayleef is probably in my top 3 favorite starters, definitely in the top 5. 

Poor Luxray

Wish I was here to help him before he died