By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Female Leads In Games

when I played Bloodborne for the first time I selected a female character and when I started to play I felt weak for no reason I didn't get comfortable with the character at all because its female! I delete it after playing for 2 hours and choose a male character with the same status but this time I felt comfortable!
I think the weakness in females is the real reason not the gender its in our DNA from ages that's the females is weaker gender even if they have the same power as males .... in games.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

What's your point? I said the main character was a female, you said that the main character is not necessarily female, but probably customizable in some way (choose male/female, features, clothing, etc.). We disagree, let's bet.

That't not at all what I said. I said that depending on the type of game this is, it would make no sense to have a female character as opposed to a customisable one. If the game has no story, why have a fixed character?

That's not at all what you said! You said "ReCore seems like of those games where they should give you the choice between 3-4 characters. In other words, that they are avatars and not characters". You never said anything like "depending on the type of game it is". And I think it certainly looks like a game with a story. Do you not?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Lawlight said:

That't not at all what I said. I said that depending on the type of game this is, it would make no sense to have a female character as opposed to a customisable one. If the game has no story, why have a fixed character?

That's not at all what you said! You said "ReCore seems like of those games where they should give you the choice between 3-4 characters. In other words, that they are avatars and not characters". You never said anything like "depending on the type of game it is". And I think it certainly looks like a game with a story. Do you not?

I don't actually. I think it will be an XBLA game.

Lawlight said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Wanna bet on it then? You say it'll be an XBLA game. I don't.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

the-pi-guy said:
Samus Aran said:
Horizon felt forced indeed.

During pre-history females usually collected fruit, vegetables, etc. while the men hunted.

It's not prehistoric at all though...  

It's 1000+ years in the future.

It's quite clearly inspired by prehistoric society. It just has huge robot animals. ;) 

(Which you kill with bow and arrow lol)

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
the-pi-guy said:

It's not prehistoric at all though...  

It's 1000+ years in the future.

It's quite clearly inspired by prehistoric society. It just has huge robot animals. ;) 

(Which you kill with bow and arrow lol)

But maybe the effects of feminism have lasted in the future!

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Lawlight said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

I'd post this on your wall, but I can't seem to get to your profile. Anyway, just thought I'd remind you that I did ask for a bet and you never responded.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Lawlight said:

I'd post this on your wall, but I can't seem to get to your profile. Anyway, just thought I'd remind you that I did ask for a bet and you never responded.

OK, let's bet that ReCore won't be an AAA game.

Hey, as long as we keep getting characters like Zero from Drakengard 3, Milla, Aqua, Aya, Terra, Ashe, Kaine, Elsa Eliane, Fem Shepard, Chris Lightfellow, Ellen from Folklore, and Meryl Silverburgh, I'm all for more women leads. At the least, it'll give some nice variety.

Lawlight said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

OK, let's bet that ReCore won't be an AAA game.

Ah. Changing the rules just like the last guy I wanted to bet. Just proves my point that you were spewing nonsense out of your ass.