By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "We want to reclaim Japan."

Ryng_Tolu said:
Aerys said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Aerys said:

So you really think PS4 will flop as much as Wii U during the generation with FFXV/FFVII/KH3/DQXI ( lets be realistic and honest , we know it's coming on PS4 ) ? Seems legit to think it will outsell Wii U by 6-7M at the end.

Both will flop, that's all.

You say "PS4 is the only relevant console" when is currently outsold by Wii U.

Stop talk about one unrealistic future that YOU predict, actually PS4 is after XBOX console and the Dreamcast the worse selling console in Japan. stop.

You remind me those who thought PS3 would lost the generation being millions under the 360 because of the first bad years.
I say the PS4 is the only relevant console because it the only console with a relevant futur, since it's the only one that will reach PS3 level. It's totally unrealistic to think it wont while it has much bigger system sellers than PS3, even a blind would see that coming with all these big releases

If you want to make a bet on that, go ahead, it will be an easy win for me.

"since it's the only one that will reach PS3 level. " HOW YOU F******K KNOW THIS!?!?!?!?

No offense. You confure your opinion/prediction like fact lol.

I still laugh after your "PS4 will easy sell more than PS3 in Japan" thread.

Bet? No, i never made a bet with people like you, i only make friendly bet withouth any prize.

We will see if the PS4 will sell at PS3 level, and if i'm wrong, well ok, i just thought it was not gonna to happen, but i never say was impossible.

If will not... you will eat many crow... so, goo luck.

When it's more a matter of common sense than prediction, i allow myself to talk about facts, it's like if i was telling you that is not a fact that the next nintendo handheld will sell more than Wii U, it's just common sense when you know the facts.

Well you talk like if it was impossible and even think it will be close to Wii U whereas it's the most logical futur to predict.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Ryng_Tolu said:

At the actual rate? O_o

Last week:

Wii U: 14k

PS4: 13k

The week before that:

Wii U: 16k

PS4: 11k

The week before before that:

Wii U: 21k

PS4: 11k

The week before before before before before before before before before before that:

Wii U: 17k

PS4: 12k

Etho no, PS4 has not a chance for sell 3 million in the same time that Wii U will... i do agreed that PS4 will sell more in the lifetime data, but not many millions like some people think, probabily just 1/2 million more...

lol

Wii U had the biggest game release of the year while PS4 is had nothing...

Wait few weeks and PS4 will be above again... wait it already close happen this week.

But of course the PS4 will back some week above Wii U, like Wii U will be above PS4 another weeks... But still.

And yes, The lasts recently week Wii U was helped by Splatoon, but even withouth Splatoon, the Wii U basis is 7/8 k in Japan, versus the 10-12k of the PS4.

With this trend, the PS4 will beat Wii U in 2017...

Arumat said:
They just need Dragon Quest XI only for PS4.

NX will get it. The thing sells too much in japan for not being on handheld.

Just to put my prediction of 2015 sales in Japan.

WiiU: < 700k (and they will be happy)

PS4: > 1.5 million (I won't be surprise if they inded sell more close to 2m)

Both will be at 3 million close to each other...

Aerys said:
Dishonest and unable to read, do you know what means " big system seller" , it means it sells a lot of systems and sells a lot of software. It's something comparable to FF/KH/DQ/Mario Kart/SSB , i didnt use the word " big " for nothing

I said 2M more than the difference between Wii and PS3, that would mean a difference of 5-6M at least, on Japan scale, it's enough yes. Wii wasnt the only relevant console since PS3 reached decent sales and had all the big games

You can dial it back a notch, okay? You're being disrespectful over nothing and you can stop right now. I will not deal with that shit, I promise you that.

Those games did sell lots of systems and software. They boosted hardware sales more than most games in Japan. What the fuck do you mean by big? 100k? Sorry, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

The difference between PS3 and Wii is about 2m, so that would mean that the difference between PS4 and Wii U will be 4m, in your opinion. In that case, that is really not enough to say that it's the only relevant console. Obviously another system is relevant if it has sold a comparable amount. And I wasn't saying the Wii was the only relevant console, I was using your horrible logic against you.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Gourmet said:
Arumat said:
They just need Dragon Quest XI only for PS4.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/12/dragon-quest-xi-development-will-made-home-consoles/

And Dragon Quest Heroes should mean that it'll be for Play Station. The question is if it'll be PS3 and PS4 or just PS4.

ethomaz said:
Show me the impact on hardware sales of these releases on Wii U... because retail said Splaton is moving a lot of consoles.

No big release for PS4 even so PS4 sold about 2.5x what Wii U sold this year.

You said biggest release of the year, and then biggest Nintendo release. I gave you games that fit that criteria. 

And the PS4 has had big releases. Many of them, in fact. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Aerys said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

"since it's the only one that will reach PS3 level. " HOW YOU F******K KNOW THIS!?!?!?!?

No offense. You confure your opinion/prediction like fact lol.

I still laugh after your "PS4 will easy sell more than PS3 in Japan" thread.

Bet? No, i never made a bet with people like you, i only make friendly bet withouth any prize.

We will see if the PS4 will sell at PS3 level, and if i'm wrong, well ok, i just thought it was not gonna to happen, but i never say was impossible.

If will not... you will eat many crow... so, god luck.

When it's more a matter of common sense than prediction, i allow myself to talk about facts, it's like if i was telling you that is not a fact that the next nintendo handheld will sell more than Wii U, it's just common sense when you know the facts.

Well you talk like if it was impossible and even think it will be close to Wii U whereas it's the most logical futur to predict.

Totally difference scenario. Sorry, not even close.

One thing, is think the next Nintendo handheld will sell more than the Wii U. Easy to happen.

One thing, is think the PS4 will """""""easy""""""""" beat the PS3 in Japan when the PS3 has sold 11 million. And like all your predictions...

But is pointless talk with you. Seriusly, i'm gone, good luck.

Ryng_Tolu said:

But of course the PS4 will back some week above Wii U, like Wii U will be above PS4 another weeks... But still.

And yes, The lasts recently week Wii U was helped by Splatoon, but even withouth Splatoon, the Wii U basis is 7/8 k in Japan, versus the 10-12k of the PS4.

With this trend, the PS4 will beat Wii U in 2017...

Your maths are wrong about the weekly basis..

2015 Only

Wii U: 264.208 (down yoy) / 25 = ~10.5k per week (with Splaton release)
PS4: 566.654 (down yoy) / 25 = ~22.5k per week (except for the Feb launch last year PS4 is tracking up yoy)

Edit - A bit data from last week:

2014 -> 2015

WiiU:  10.715 -> 14.616
PS4: 7.009 -> 13.850

PS4 is tracking way ahead... close to double what it did last year excluding the launch (Feb)... Wii U is a bit up due the Splaton.

Arumat said:
Gourmet said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/12/dragon-quest-xi-development-will-made-home-consoles/

And Dragon Quest Heroes should mean that it'll be for Play Station. The question is if it'll be PS3 and PS4 or just PS4.

dragon quest monster , monster 2 , dragon quest x , rhythm dragon quest , dragon quest 7 and 8 ? all on 3ds 

3ds ltd 18m

ps4 ltd 1.5m

i think square are not that stupid to ignore 3ds huge fanbase compared ps4