By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "We want to reclaim Japan."

Aerys said:
You are really dishonest, Dragon Quest Heroes, FF Type 0, Yakuza are multiplatform ( and spin off) so far to be big system sellers, Bloodborne is niche in Japan, you can easily see it was not a system seller on PS3 neither with Souls game. Sales number agree with me since those games didnt even sell 500k on PS4.

Wii sold more but not byt that much, the difference will be at least 2M bigger between PS4 and WiiU

You are the dishonest one. Do you even know what a system seller means? It means it sells systems. Literally. Go look back at the PS4 the weeks before those games came out and then look at the sales when they did come out and tell me there wasn't a dramatic change. That's called a system seller. Units sold of the game has nothing to do with a game being a system seller.

And is that 2m really enough to say that it's the only relevant console in Japan and there "isn't any competition"? Really? I guess that means the Wii was the only relevant home console last gen too.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Gourmet said:

"New FF"? Only if you're talking about Bravely Default. FFXV clearly has a western vibe, even if the art style is not.

New FF announced at E3 is cleary made for Japan market.

You mean World Of Final Fantasy ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Gourmet said:

I don't think a new FF game was announced at E3. Are we talking about a remake?

So I guess you didn't watched Sony E3 at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_No3HEjvLrw

Aerys said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Aerys said:

So you really think PS4 will flop as much as Wii U during the generation with FFXV/FFVII/KH3/DQXI ( lets be realistic and honest , we know it's coming on PS4 ) ? Seems legit to think it will outsell Wii U by 6-7M at the end.

Both will flop, that's all.

You say "PS4 is the only relevant console" when is currently outsold by Wii U.

Stop talk about one unrealistic future that YOU predict, actually PS4 is after XBOX console and the Dreamcast the worse selling console in Japan. stop.

You remind me those who thought PS3 would lost the generation being millions under the 360 because of the first bad years.
I say the PS4 is the only relevant console because it the only console with a relevant futur, since it's the only one that will reach PS3 level. It's totally unrealistic to think it wont while it has much bigger system sellers than PS3, even a blind would see that coming with all these big releases

If you want to make a bet on that, go ahead, it will be an easy win for me.

"since it's the only one that will reach PS3 level. " HOW YOU F******K KNOW THIS!?!?!?!?

No offense. You confure your opinion/prediction like fact lol.

I still laugh after your "PS4 will easy sell more than PS3 in Japan" thread.

Bet? No, i never made a bet with people like you, i only make friendly bet withouth any prize.

We will see if the PS4 will sell at PS3 level, and if i'm wrong, well ok, i just thought it was not gonna to happen, but i never say was impossible.

If will not... you will eat many crow... so, goo luck.

Skullwaker said:
Aerys said:
You are really dishonest, Dragon Quest Heroes, FF Type 0, Yakuza are multiplatform ( and spin off) so far to be big system sellers, Bloodborne is niche in Japan, you can easily see it was not a system seller on PS3 neither with Souls game. Sales number agree with me since those games didnt even sell 500k on PS4.

Wii sold more but not byt that much, the difference will be at least 2M bigger between PS4 and WiiU

You are the dishonest one. Do you even know what a system seller means? It means it sells systems. Literally. Go look back at the PS4 the weeks before those games came out and then look at the sales when they did come out and tell me there wasn't a dramatic change. That's called a system seller. Units sold of the game has nothing to do with a game being a system seller.

And is that 2m really enough to say that it's the only relevant console in Japan and there "isn't any competition"? Really? I guess that means the Wii was the only relevant home console last gen too.

Dishonest and unable to read, do you know what means " big system seller" , it means it sells a lot of systems and sells a lot of software. It's something comparable to FF/KH/DQ/Mario Kart/SSB , i didnt use the word " big " for nothing

I said 2M more than the difference between Wii and PS3, that would mean a difference of 5-6M at least, on Japan scale, it's enough yes. Wii wasnt the only relevant console since PS3 reached decent sales and had all the big games

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Japanese retail are saying Splaton is the biggest Nintendo release of the year...

Cara to share the PS4 release for the last 4 weeks?

They're wrong. Monster Hunter, Yo-Kai Watch, Animal Crossing and Dragon Quest are all notably bigger.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Alien: Isolation, Natsuiro High School and DMC4. Not to mention The Witcher 3 came out the week before and was a surprise success.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

ethomaz said:

Gourmet said:

I don't think a new FF game was announced at E3. Are we talking about a remake?

So I guess you didn't watched Sony E3 at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_No3HEjvLrw

I thought that was a Vita game. Well, japan will probably buy the vita verison.

Skullwaker said:

They're wrong. Monster Hunter, Yo-Kai Watch, Animal Crossing and Dragon Quest are all notably bigger.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Alien: Isolation, Natsuiro High School and DMC4. Not to mention The Witcher 3 came out the week before and was a surprise success.

Show me the impact on hardware sales of these releases on Wii U... because retail said Splaton is moving a lot of consoles.

No big release for PS4 even so PS4 sold about 2.5x what Wii U sold this year.

They just need Dragon Quest XI only for PS4.

lmao at some ps fans logic

it's like this situation when paying football

sony : yay we won because we scored 2 goals
nintendo : wut ? but we scored 5 more than you !
sony : who cares ! our goal is more worth than your goal ! yay
nintendo : lol ?