By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "We want to reclaim Japan."

Gourmet said:

Japanese games made for the western market. Even Final Fantasy is being westernized.

That is the exactly the opposite... devs are backing to Japanese games to Japan market.

The new FF is pure for Japan market... only FFXV is yet for the western market because it is being made since 2009? lol

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
lol

Wii U had the biggest game release of the year while PS4 is had nothing...

Wait few weeks and PS4 will be above again... wait it already close happen this week.

The PS4 had numerous releases in that timespan (4 to be exact). The Wii U had one, and it's far from "the biggest game release of the year."

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Aerys said:
Facts : Wii U is dying, the next home console will be announced at E3 2016, Wii U is living it's last year, SMTxFire Emblem is not a system seller, Wii U had it's last big exclusive system seller with Splatoon.

Facts : PS4 didnt even get true big system seller, KH3/FFXV/FFVII/and an other game from SE we all know are coming exclusively for it in Japan. That makes it the only possible relevant home console for most japaneses, that's why it's the only console that has a chance to get a pretty decent life in Japan like PS3

I said fact. Please read up on that word means. You are speculating, and speculation is not fact.

First Bolded: Funny, I remember hearing people say the same thing about Smash Bros. And then Xenoblade. Funny how that works.

Second Bolded: Really? So Yakuza, Dragon Quest Heroes, Bloodborne and Final Fantasy aren't system sellers? Sales numbers beg to differ.

Also, may I remind you that the Wii sold more than the PS3 in Japan, so comparing the PS4 to that really doesn't support your argument.

You are really dishonest, Dragon Quest Heroes, FF Type 0, Yakuza are multiplatform ( and spin off) so far to be big system sellers, Bloodborne is niche in Japan, you can easily see it was not a system seller on PS3 neither with Souls game. Sales number agree with me since those games didnt even sell 500k on PS4.

Wii sold more but not byt that much, the difference will be at least 2M bigger between PS4 and WiiU

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Anyway, this will be a really good thread to bump in one year

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ethomaz said:

Gourmet said:

Japanese games made for the western market. Even Final Fantasy is being westernized.

That is the exactly the opposite... devs are backing to Japanese games to Japan market.

The new FF is pure for Japan market... only FFXV is yet for the western market because it is being made since 2009? lol

"New FF"? Only if you're talking about Bravely Default. FFXV clearly has a western vibe, even if the art style is not.

Around the Network

how can u reclaim something that you're losing

8th gen ltd

nintendo 21m
sony 5.5m

Gourmet said:

"New FF"? Only if you're talking about Bravely Default. FFXV clearly has a western vibe, even if the art style is not.

New FF announced at E3 is cleary made for Japan market.

ethomaz said:

Stellar_Fungk said:

Do you think they can reclaim Japan with home consoles?

Easily... there is no competition at all and devs are focusing in make Japan games for PS4.

Cause they couldn't last gen. As I said before: Mobile has Japan right now and then comes 3DS. PS4's rival is not the Wii U (maybe right now but not in the future). PS4 needs a "weapon" that counters those big titles on 3DS and whatever makes mobile so attractive over there.

I think we will see the signs around the launch of FF XV. If that game does well and has strong legs (at least FF X numbers or little below) then maybe there's a chance for Sony and the definitive comeback for JRPGS. If XV sells only okay, Square and other japanese developers might as well go mobile and Sony can give up the fight for dominance in Japan this gen.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Skullwaker said:

The PS4 had numerous releases in that timespan (4 to be exact). The Wii U had one, and it's far from "the biggest game release of the year."

Japanese retail are saying Splaton is the biggest Nintendo release of the year...

Cara to share the PS4 release for the last 4 weeks?

ethomaz said:

Gourmet said:

New FF announced at E3 is cleary made for Japan market.

I don't think a new FF game was announced at E3. Are we talking about a remake?