Grand Theft Auto V

Xbox 360 (4):

Grand Theft Auto IV

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Grand Theft Auto V

Wii (3):

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Chrono Trigger (this could be considered an SNES game if you don't include Virtual Console)

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

PS4 (2):

The Last of Us: Remastered

Grand Theft Auto V

Xbox One (1):

Grand Theft Auto V

PC (1):

Grand Theft Auto V

So, the Game Boy Color comes in at #1 with 8 games, with the PS3 coming in at a close second with 7. However, what is interesting to note is that the Atari Lynx had more 10s than the PS1, PS2, GC, XB, N64 and PC combined. Go Lynx, I guess? What are your thoughts?

Around the Network

No PS2, PS1, or Xbox games? That's strange I thought they would've given at least a few of those system's games a 10. Halo and Metal Gear Solid come to mind but there are undoubtedly more. Of course that is my opinion and not IGN's but is there any chance you missed a few?

*edit* I see they have the MGS Gameboy Color version rated as a 10

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
No PS2, PS1, or Xbox games? That's strange I thought they would've given at least a few of those system's games a 10. Halo and Metal Gear Solid come to mind but there are undoubtedly more. Of course that is my opinion and not IGN's but is there any chance you missed a few?

I got the list from Wikipedia and confirmed that they did indeed give those games a 10 out of 10, except for Halo: Reach which only IGN UK gave a 10 (I did not include it on the list). Wikipedia may have missed a few, but as far as I know they did not give any PS1, PS2 or XB games a 10.

VGPolyglot said:
ReimTime said:

I got the list from Wikipedia and confirmed that they did indeed give those games a 10 out of 10, except for Halo: Reach which only IGN UK gave a 10 (I did not include it on the list). Wikipedia may have missed a few, but as far as I know they did not give any PS1, PS2 or XB games a 10.

Yea I double checked and in fact there are no 10/10 games on those systems. San Andreas got a 9.9 and there were plenty of 9.8s and 9.7s but no 10s! TIL

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

Yea I double checked and in fact there are no 10/10 games on those systems. San Andreas got a 9.9 and there were plenty of 9.8s and 9.7s but no 10s! TIL

That's why I'm surprised about the Lynx. How could the PS1, PS2, N64, GC, XB and PC combined get less than it?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
ReimTime said:

That's why I'm surprised about the Lynx. How could the PS1, PS2, N64, GC, XB and PC combined get less than it?

Surprising yes but it could be because of the fact that IGN reviewers only review games for one system. It could be that the Lynx's reviewer was a lot more forgiving with ratings compared to the other employees. It's hard for some people to objectively give out a 10, because a 10 means that a game should theoretically be perfect. Not everyone has that mentality though.

On a different note it would be interesting to see Gamespot's and Famitsu's perfect scores as well if you ever get a chance to update this thread

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
VGPolyglot said:

Surprising yes but it could be because of the fact that IGN reviewers only review games for one system. It could be that the Lynx's reviewer was a lot more forgiving with ratings compared to the other employees. It's hard for some people to objectively give out a 10, because a 10 means that a game should theoretically be perfect. Not everyone has that mentality though.

On a different note it would be interesting to see Gamespot's and Famitsu's perfect scores as well if you ever get a chance to update this thread

Here's GameSpot's:

Nintendo 64 (1):

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Dreamcast (1):

Soulcalibur

PlayStation (1):

Chrono Cross

PlayStation 2 (1):

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

PlayStation 3 (2):

Grand Theft Auto IV

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

XBox 360 (1):

Grand Theft Auto IV

Wii (1):

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Wii U (1):

Bayonetta 2

PS4 (1):

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Xbox One (1):

PC:

Does Mario Golf on GBC really deserve a 10 out of 10?

Gamespot and IGN gave no 10's to 360 exclusives? You learn something new everyday.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Ka-pi96 said:
ReimTime said:

Famitsu? List of all their perfect scores? I don't think anyone would actually read something that long

Have they really given out that many? Back in the "Golden Age" of JRPGS I can't recall there being that many 40/40s from them. Maybe their standards dropped

@VGPolyglot: Thanks man I kind of figured GameSpot would not have that many

#1 Amb-ass-ador